Melbourne Ladies Social Trail Rides?

Hi all,

Just wondering whether there are any semi-regular weekend social trail rides happening in Melbourne for you ladies?
My partner loves her riding & is regularly out & about chasing trail with myself & the crew, but recently she's expressed frustration at her inability to get together for fun, social trail rides with other women- not a lycra-clad XC training ride under the guise of a social ride, just some good wholesome trail fun; be it the Yarra Trails, the Youies, Bright, Buller etc. Surely there's a heap of Melbourne women on here, who are in a similar situation, that are also into mtbs for the fun & not the competition.

If a thread were started in this section for a Melbourne Ladies Social Ride, is it the sort of thing that you ladies would use as a way of coordinating social trail rides together?

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think there used to be a 'ladies' social ride at lysterfield, not sure if its still happening

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
I saw the newly formed Warrandyte mbc had a ladies ride recently... not sure if and when the next one is. Join their facebook group and hit up wendy.

monc

Likes Dirt
There's a few groups that do semi regular social rides - the Warrandyte one mentioned above is a good one. Liv/Giant is another, and there are other facebook groups like MTB Chicks VIC that have things on a more ad hoc basis.

Haven't been to a Lysterfield ladies ride for a while - Trailmix (the bikeshop/cafe there) used to run them on Sundays - give them a call to see if they still do.

cinnyis

Squid
Hi, I realise this thread isn't very recent, but thought I'd add my 2 cents for any new riders looking for somewhere to start.

I've found the "Dirt Skirts" monthly rides organised by the Geelong Mountain Bike Club to be great. They cater to all abilities and I've found riding with them has really helped me with my skills since I mainly ride alone and therefore on the conservative side.
Most of their are at the you yangs, but they reach out to other clubs and do rides in other locations. Next ride is going to be at Red Hill April 19th.
To get across their rides, other rides & like minded ladies, join either of the following facebook groups:
"chix who ride bikes"
"mtb chicks VIC"
"Geelong Mountain Bike Club"

Thanks for the input cinnyis. Yes, I've taken Anna out to several of the Dirts Skirts rides over the last few months & she's been having a great time getting out for a roll with the ladies.