Melbourne Burners post Covid meetup - Silvan - Sat 13th June

teK--

Eats Squid
Wow what an amazing turnout!
Thanks everyone for an awesome ride, mostly all without a hitch other than Andrews chain, but got rolling again thanks to @moorey spare quick link after Andrew dropped the other half of his next to the car after checking his gear ha ha.

Hope everyone enjoyed it and massive thanks to @tkdbboy for helping out, couldn't have done such a big group without you!

Till the next one
View attachment 364079
Impressive turnout! Sorry couldn't make it had to head out for an early one today. Next time

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I am not quite sure how you lot managed it, but after an unbelievably wet start to the year, you get the best conditions in 3 months.

Good to hear everyone enjoyed themselves (mostly)
The gods of MTB were smiling down on us for sure. Maybe they figured they'd pulled the rug out from under us long enough at this stage?

Also, pretty sure I've said this before, but just in case - 14 year Olds can get stuffed

@Chriso_29er is this his first run down there, and he's taking that all blind? Double get stuffed

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also, pretty sure I've said this before, but just in case - 14 year Olds can get stuffed

@Chriso_29er is this his first run down there, and he's taking that all blind? Double get stuffed

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Yeah we only ran that trail once on the day lol

I said to him up the top, there's a 4-5 metre gap off the first jump if you're feeling up to it or just drop it to flat (like everyone else does ha ha).
Well you can see what he did lol, launched it like a boss! Then just destroyed the rest of the trail!

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah we only ran that trail once on the day lol

I said to him up the top, there's a 4-5 metre gap off the first jump if you're feeling up to it or just drop it to flat (like everyone else does ha ha).
Well you can see what he did lol, launched it like a boss! Then just destroyed the rest of the trail!
Felix looks at a blind 5m gap like I look at a blind 1m gap.....except he doesn’t case his. Am I right, @Daniel Hale?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you keep going down the hill via the extra trail or either of the roads (Georges or Bartlett) you end up at Olinda Creek Road also

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, you can do that.
You can either ride up Georges and turn right or up the climbing trail (On the right as you look up the trail)

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So park at corner Olinda Creek and Georges and head south up the trail?

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk
If you're parking there @Boom King, might be well worth getting in a loop of Tchans trail. Its more of a XC descent but is still quite techy and tight.
On the map Dan Hale put up you can see it running along side Lyre Lyre on the other side of the fire road (crosses over VW track). It heads towards Olinda Creek Rd as well.

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
If you're parking there @Boom King, might be well worth getting in a loop of Tchans trail. Its more of a XC descent but is still quite techy and tight.
On the map Dan Hale put up you can see it running along side Lyre Lyre on the other side of the fire road (crosses over VW track). It heads towards Olinda Creek Rd as well.
Cheers, sounds like a good plan.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk