Mechanical discs viable?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
BB7s are fine for commuter duties. They last a fairly long time and brake well for a cable brake. The only problem I ever had with them was the noise coming off them.

While we are at it, raise you boys. $150 for xt set.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I have a set of the ZTTO hydraulic cable operated calipers someone can try for postage.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
A friend uses compressionless housing and rates it. I haven't bothered and won't due to the price.
BMX outer cable is virtually compressionless and is available by the metre for under $5. I think I got mine from RAM Cycles in Adelaide. I've used it on the Niner RLT road bike with BB7 brakes for the last four years. Works a treat...

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
BMX outer cable is virtually compressionless and is available by the metre for under $5. I think I got mine from RAM Cycles in Adelaide. I've used it on the Niner RLT road bike with BB7 brakes for the last four years. Works a treat...
Ram cycles are good for cheap consumables, I've never noticed they had compressionless cables - thanks for the tip!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
@silentbutdeadly, I assume this is the stuff?
Still a pretty good price at $5.95/m

That's the stuff...just bear in mind that it's a little stiff compared to the usual outer so tight curves aren't it's thing and the outer plastic is hard so more frame protection might be required. Still...it works fine on my ride.

Mitten

Likes Bikes
Heh missed out on the bike, my fault for procrastinating... Might fork out some extra money for a new model.