maydena's trail conditions

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The big stage on day one, then the rest following is a great setup.

Listened to the Beyond The Tape podcast with Jackson Frew during the week and they mentioned Connor Fearon has done a 12 minute (or close) top to bottom run.
Awesome if it is something similar and will definitely sort the wheat from the chaff

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
The big stage on day one, then the rest following is a great setup.

Listened to the Beyond The Tape podcast with Jackson Frew during the week and they mentioned Connor Fearon has done a 12 minute (or close) top to bottom run.
Awesome if it is something similar and will definitely sort the wheat from the chaff
Was the same setup for Nats in 2019, Connor won that one.

onawave

Squid
rode maydena roughly a week ago now just before all the nationals started. really don't know what people are talking about. it wasn't that bad in regards to being "blown out". have seen much worse,

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Finishing off with double black tech into double black tech into blue freeride could result in some serious carnage, as tired bods jostle for final standings

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Any locals have any input on how the trails will likely be next Friday and that weekend? 11th - 13th?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If the weather holds out for the weekend, probably pretty good - has been mostly dry for the last week or so and no rain is really expected.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
has been mostly dry for the last week or so and no rain is really expected.
Launceston...

The Scottsdale forecast doesn't show the expected mm's of rain. Arriving Saturday afternoon, will bring the wet gear and spare shoes :(

dfsgsdfgs.jpg

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Didn’t want to start a new thread… Looking to head to Maydena end of march and might be travelling by myself. Looking for accommodation and thought there would be a cheap hostel or something but seems not. Any tips from our Tasmanian friends about cheap accommodation close to the mountain?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Didn’t want to start a new thread… Looking to head to Maydena end of march and might be travelling by myself. Looking for accommodation and thought there would be a cheap hostel or something but seems not. Any tips from our Tasmanian friends about cheap accommodation close to the mountain?
There's really only Left of Field caravan park, 11km out of town that's cheap and you need a caravan or tent. Other than that it's really just the Air BnBs.

nathanm

Eats Squid
what have you got organised in terms of Transport? Or are you trying to base yourself out of Maydena.

Tasmania has not been cheap or accessible for a while now unfortunately, but norfik shouldn't be too bad.

yuley95

what have you got organised in terms of Transport? Or are you trying to base yourself out of Maydena.

Tasmania has not been cheap or accessible for a while now unfortunately, but norfik shouldn't be too bad.
Was going to hire a Ute from the airport and try and locate myself in or close to Maydena.

mark22

Likes Dirt

Nice place New Norfolk a much better place to stay than anything further on especially Maydena.

yuley95

So, I’ve just booked flights to get to Hobart on Easter Sunday with the plan to ride Monday and Tuesday then fly home Wednesday but when I went to book shuttles, I found they don’t run them on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday because it’s ‘shoulder season’.

Seems a bit weird given it’s Easter weekend and I thought lots of people would want to ride???

Now I’ve got flights and a car booked but can’t ride for one of the days I’m there.

I’m really hoping they get enough interest that they decide to run shuttles over school holidays. If anyone feels like emailing them to express interest, that would be awesome:D

what do you reckon @maydenabikepark ???;)

geekman

Squid
So, I’ve just booked flights to get to Hobart on Easter Sunday with the plan to ride Monday and Tuesday then fly home Wednesday but when I went to book shuttles, I found they don’t run them on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday because it’s ‘shoulder season’.

Seems a bit weird given it’s Easter weekend and I thought lots of people would want to ride???

Now I’ve got flights and a car booked but can’t ride for one of the days I’m there.

I’m really hoping they get enough interest that they decide to run shuttles over school holidays. If anyone feels like emailing them to express interest, that would be awesome:D

what do you reckon @maydenabikepark ???;)
Pedal? You can’t get to the top section but I really liked the climbing trails there, I pedalled 1 and a half days and shuttled 2