maydena's trail conditions

Shredden

Knows his goats
Heading to Maydena soon and thinking of hiring one of the Trek downhill bikes for the day. Has anyone hired one and able to report on the condition? Flogged? Haven't been on a DH bike in ages but keen to have a ride of a newer, 29", high pivot one.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

jrewing

Eats Squid
I hear it was bad a couple of days ago but once the rain moved in it was ok.

Trail conditions are slick! Heaps of fun tho
Been thinking of you haha. I was there Thursday as i knew rain was expected and a cold front, it was great conditions. The smoke cleared out quick tbh, but i didn’t think it was that bad.
I need to hire the DH bike to suss out the new trek higher pivots. Saw 2 guys on them but normally the rentals I see are the Slashes more often.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Been thinking of you haha. I was there Thursday as i knew rain was expected and a cold front, it was great conditions. The smoke cleared out quick tbh, but i didn’t think it was that bad.
I need to hire the DH bike to suss out the new trek higher pivots. Saw 2 guys on them but normally the rentals I see are the Slashes more often.
I’ll be out there again tomorrow. Hopefully the rain hold off but trails will still be slick.

I’ve seen a few treks around. Not sure current conditions are the best for testing out a full DH rig?? Do you think trails will dry out prior to the winter shut down?

EDIT: Thought they must be closing soon for the season but looks like they stay open till end of June

jrewing

Eats Squid
I think they should dry out in most places. Will stay damp but good damp. It all depends on the rain around, but we are having good spells of dry weather each time. The lower park dries fast. And I always see myself finishing runs on the last half of The Local. Love the hip jumps and the last step up.