Maydena Bike Park

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Thread dig!
I’m heading to Maydena on 10 April and riding for 2 days (11th and 12th) then leaving on the 13th.
Travelling by myself but meeting friends at Maydena.
How on earth do I get from Hobart airport to Maydena and back without spending a fortune?
Looks like there are shuttles for groups but not many options for someone on their Pat Malone.
Any suggestions from locals?

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Options are pretty limited. Car hire with something you can drop the back seats in, so you can fit the steed would be the best option I would think, although no idea what car hire availability or pricing is like at the moment.

yuley95

Bumpy. Any Tas locals with a tip for getting to Maydena from Hobart airport. @Isaakk @rstim

EDIT: posted as exactly the same time as @rangersac Thanks. I'll look into it but it's looking cheaper to get a taxi or uber there and back than hiring a car...:(

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Options are pretty limited. Car hire with something you can drop the back seats in, so you can fit the steed would be the best option I would think, although no idea what car hire availability or pricing is like at the moment.
That'd probably be my recommendation too, or find a local willing to be a taxi. An actual taxi or Uber is probably going to be very pricey.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
That'd probably be my recommendation too, or find a local willing to be a taxi. An actual taxi or Uber is probably going to be very pricey.
And you'd wanna check if they'd be happy to transport your bike beforehand. I reckon most taxi/ uber drivers wouldn't be too keen on doing so.

yuley95

And you'd wanna check if they'd be happy to transport your bike beforehand. I reckon most taxi/ uber drivers wouldn't be too keen on doing so.
Thanks. Looked into it a bit more and renting a ute might be the best option. Cheers

rstim

Likes Dirt
Could join the Maydena riders community page on Facebook and put a post up there, maybe a local can then help you out. But I'm at the other end of the state so can't be of assistance sorry.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd contact Maydena Express MTB Transfers. They do group bookings, but worth seeing if they have a spare seat you could pay for separately. We used them as a big group last year, but had an extra guy jump in on the way home.

yuley95

I'd contact Maydena Express MTB Transfers. They do group bookings, but worth seeing if they have a spare seat you could pay for separately. We used them as a big group last year, but had an extra guy jump in on the way home.
Thanks. I’ve sent an enquire form but yet to hear back. I’ll try again

Cheka

Likes Bikes
Thanks. I’ve sent an enquire form but yet to hear back. I’ll try again
We rented a dual cab ute through Budget Truck Hire at Hobart Airport when we were there in Nov. Around $1000 for 13 days which was heaps cheaper than any standard car hire I looked at. Paid an extra $50 for a tail gate pad which is listed on the website as "bike rack".
They were great to deal with, highly recommend.

yuley95

We rented a dual cab ute through Budget Truck Hire at Hobart Airport when we were there in Nov. Around $1000 for 13 days which was heaps cheaper than any standard car hire I looked at. Paid an extra $50 for a tail gate pad which is listed on the website as "bike rack".
They were great to deal with, highly recommend.
Great. Looks like i can get a basic Ute for about $60 a day for three days so thats the plan unless Maydena express get back to me with a vacant spot.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Will anyone be at Maydena from the 11th to 13th?

If so, come say gday and we'll hit a trail or 2... :)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Maydena has updated operating days.

Also slight price rises but it's bugger all for the quailty trails you get to ride. Considering some jokers charge more for a couple of hundred metre drop through mediocre crap.

Last edited: