Maydena Bike Park

Markee

Likes Dirt
This needs it own thread. Please share loads.

Calling out Dunndog who's there for opening weekend festivities. How was it mate??

Anyone else booked for the coming weeks already? I'm heading there for a ride day on Feb 25th.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Watched a few vids last night.....Looks like its a visit while we are down in Derby this Nov. Would it be a bout 4.5 hrs drive from Derby with traffic and roads?... or who thinks this is a fly in to Hobart and fly out of Launceston (vice versa) kinda thing.Example trip
BNE to Hobart
Pick up rental van
Drive to Maydena
stay in Maydena pub accom
2 nites in Maydena riding
Drive to Derby
4 nites in Derby riding
Drive to Launceston airport
Drop off rental van
Laun to BNE

or reverse this, this all hinges on if its possible to rent and return at different airports

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watched a few vids last night.....Looks like its a visit while we are down in Derby this Nov. Would it be a bout 4.5 hrs drive from Derby with traffic and roads?... or who thinks this is a fly in to Hobart and fly out of Launceston (vice versa) kinda thing.Example trip
BNE to Hobart
Pick up rental van
Drive to Maydena
Drive to Derby
4 nites in Derby riding
Drop off rental van
Laun to BNE

or reverse this, this all hinges on if its possible to rent and return at different airports
I'm doing almost exactly that trip into Hobart 2 Days at Maydena up the East Coast 4 days in Derby Out of Launceston, renting a Dual cab ute for what that's worth. You can rent most things but almost nothing with a bike rack (just campers I found) I'm travelling with family and the Mrs chose a ute over a van for when she has to drive herself. Am in Tassie for 10 days all up.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
BNE to Hobart
Pick up rental van
Drive to Maydena
Drive to Derby
4 nites in Derby riding
Drop off rental van
Laun to BNE

Have rented for work at one airport and dropped off at the other end in tassie. Pricing is dictated by where the excess stock currently is.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m also awaiting some reviews, from the limited info so far, it seems like Maydena caters for all types.

Earlier this morning I saw a post on social media asking punters who have visited which trail was their favourite, at the time there was four answers, all of which were different. Bodes well

rstim

Likes Dirt
Reports from a couple of guys I know that were there, are that is the most fun they've had on a bike and that it's super steep. Can't wait to get down there myself definately going to push my skill level that's for sure.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

wayneh

Likes Bikes
BNE to Hobart
Pick up rental van
Drive to Maydena
Drive to Derby
4 nites in Derby riding
Drop off rental van
Laun to BNE

Like your thinking I believe that will work

binner

Hath shat hymself
Have rented for work at one airport and dropped off at the other end in tassie. Pricing is dictated by where the excess stock currently is.
yeah, i figure its possible, just depends on if a van or dual cab ute is available at the time. Problem is the group for Nov has blown out now to like 8 dudes :eek::eek::eek:

binner

Hath shat hymself
I'm doing almost exactly that trip into Hobart 2 Days at Maydena up the East Coast 4 days in Derby Out of Launceston, renting a Dual cab ute for what that's worth. You can rent most things but almost nothing with a bike rack (just campers I found) I'm travelling with family and the Mrs chose a ute over a van for when she has to drive herself. Am in Tassie for 10 days all up.
When? if you do do something similar let me know the detail and post it up ;);)

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When? if you do do something similar let me know the detail and post it up ;);)
April 17-27 I am going, I'll need to stop by Wayne's currency conversion house on my way through. Will try and get some pics and video up, I'm with the family though so a pretty different trip than with the lads!

wayneh

Likes Bikes
yeah, i figure its possible, just depends on if a van or dual cab ute is available at the time. Problem is the group for Nov has blown out now to like 8 dudes :eek::eek::eek:
Sounding a like a HiAce bus for the troops an d maybe some sort of “trailer”?

Delazy

Got a new bike!

pretty crazy place...ive ridden both the collective preview day and also opening day now...

the preview was pretty much deemed a washout for me...2 runs in the mud it wasnt a fun place to be, let alone with the clean up/service bill post ride

opening day however was pristine trails and a crazy time! trails are super steep compared to anything ive ridden before and plenty of the features on even blue trails took me by surprise...

the trails beg for more travel than what my norco sight is able to offer...im thinking something like the canyon torque would be an absolute gem to ride here...

over the course of opening day i lost count of how many people cooked brakes! i know my hope e4's were rather spongy after 3 runs...so would recommend bringing spares and a decent bleed kit

i personally didnt see any big offs...but heard one younger bloke broke a collarbone on the big jumps and i saw plenty of people with some decent bruises/scratches across the neck...i wore a bell super 3r and would definitely suggest other riders wear similar

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Jealous as fuck dude. It’s got me considering a move away from my scout towards a more endurbro bike................ maybe