Marzocchi 55 ATA 2/TST2 air problems

norco_123

Likes Bikes
Ive got a little problem with my forks. They gradually shrunk down when i was doing runs at kennilworth. Now they have like reverse pressure. like they are working backwards. Does anyine have a clue what could be going on here.

Image0699.jpgImage0700.jpg

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Looks like you've had air bleed from the +ive side of the air spring to the -ive. You'll need to remove the air spring piston and possibly give it a service, because chances are the main seal o-ring is either damaged or undersized (common QC issue with 08-09 marz forks). There is lots of info on MTBR about these issues, just do a search on the shocks and suspension thread. Don't panic, it'll all be good soon enough...

BKelly

teh fast
There is now an upgrade kit available for ATA cartridges which will prevent this common problem from happening again.

Have the forks sent to SCV imports through a bike store with your purchase receipt and they will be repaired under warranty.:D

norco_123

Likes Bikes
There is now an upgrade kit available for ATA cartridges which will prevent this common problem from happening again.

Have the forks sent to SCV imports through a bike store with your purchase receipt and they will be repaired under warranty.:D

What do i do if the forks came on my bike which i bought second hand? And i think they have passed their warrenty period. Its been 2 years now since the guy i bought it off bought the bike. So would they still be classed as under warranty do you know?

BKelly

teh fast
What do i do if the forks came on my bike which i bought second hand? And i think they have passed their warrenty period. Its been 2 years now since the guy i bought it off bought the bike. So would they still be classed as under warranty do you know?
You would then be charged for the service and usually a seal kit, the ATA upgrade kit can still be supplied free of charge. It is basically a spring that is fitted to the ATA cartridge so that the air is then only used for a bit of preload.

norco_123

Likes Bikes
You would then be charged for the service and usually a seal kit, the ATA upgrade kit can still be supplied free of charge. It is basically a spring that is fitted to the ATA cartridge so that the air is then only used for a bit of preload.

Is svc imports the only place who does the ATA upgade for free or could my local bike shop do it for me. Cause i think it would cost me a bit to send them to around gosford if i can do it up here. Would you have any idea of how much i will need to save before i take them in. Lol.

BKelly

teh fast
Is svc imports the only place who does the ATA upgade for free or could my local bike shop do it for me. Cause i think it would cost me a bit to send them to around gosford if i can do it up here. Would you have any idea of how much i will need to save before i take them in. Lol.
Yeah SCV imports is the only place that can do this upgrade, your local shop will be able to give you a quote on cost.