Maroubra ANZAC trails

Hey, Im a newbie on this site, I registered because I am trying to get a movement going to incorpoate MTB facilities in the management plans for the old ANZAC rifle range site. This is a great headland in southern Sydney that has a fantastic range of terrain, limited downhill, techie rocks, sandy chutes, singletrack and plenty more. At the mo its a horseriding and shooting venue, but the lease is soon to be up and its slated for national park status. I am trying to get as many local riders, or interested people to agitate for MTB facilities, along the same lines as the Manly Dam network. Theres easy access for trail building, perfect areas for jump parks, single track etc. Currently the horses are hacking the trails to bits, causing erosion, so any maintainance would be doubly usful, as it would reduce their impact. Currently there is no MTB facilities between Manly and Sutherland, so its about time we in the inner city got some local trails up and running. Please leave a post if you'd support this type of thing, and Ill get a petition going online, to give to our local MP (Peter Garrett) and other locals, council etc.
Thanks a bunch!!!

Dragonwoody

Likes Dirt
Hi Harry,

Good idea, I would support that.

Might want to look putting this in another section though. Maybe legal Trail Building section? You may get more action there.