AM Marketing Hype Box Ticking

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great idea I'll try that. I assume you mean WD40 Silicone right?

/s
No, just the regular WD-40 - it's an old moto trick. I find if a spray down my whole bike and body I end the ride the looking as fresh as a daisy.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I bought a bike for the middle kid and the seller had WD40 the tyres to make ‘em sparkly. Thought nothing of it as will wash/wear away until the bike got pushed through the house and made the floorboards slick like ice. That was a fun few weeks until we finally got that slickness worn away/cleaned up.

Bike looks awesome @smitho :cool:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Silicon spray I use when I'm putting frames / parts up for sale for extra sparkly shine works well for keeping crap on your bike to a minimum. Just keep it well away from your brakes / discs for obvious reasons.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Silicon spray I use when I'm putting frames / parts up for sale for extra sparkly shine works well for keeping crap on your bike to a minimum. Just keep it well away from your brakes / discs for obvious reasons.
I used to do this on the regular or a cut & polish (part of teaching those youths to respect their gear and so on) and it certainly helps your shit look fresh. But I strongly advise keeping it away from your seat and grips as well. Sipping off your seat balls first onto the back tyre is unpleasant.

Bike looks like pure sex!

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New shock time: Intend Hover Gamechanger or EXT Storia V3?

Price difference between the two isn't really the issue as the Storia is only $50 more.

I already have the correct weight spring and the Pinner Machine Shop spacer to make the Storia fit the Cascade Components linkage. Good local support and warranty, and a specific tune and guidance on setup to suit the bike. On the downside, its about a 3 week wait as not in stock, and as I understand it they're quite noisy.

Alternatively the Hover is about 200g lighter (I'm already trying to shed weight out of my porky little trail bike), a bit more versastile in that I can use it with the OG linkage or Cascade Linkage, and hopefully will make the Druid a bit more lively rather than ground hugging. However, from what I can gather it can be tough to get setup properly, there's prettly limited support, no baseline setup to work from, and who knows how long it'll spend in Frankfurt.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you didn't happen to have this thing strapped to the top of a subaru while filling up with petrol around 7am at the servo opposite Flemington racecourse about 2-3 weeks ago did you?
If so, it looks even better in person, which is a fair effort based on how good it looks in these photos!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I vote for the Hover. Everything I have tried out of Intends hands has been sensational. As far as set up goes, Cornelius likes to keep things simple so I’d be thinking set up would be uncomplicated.

My experience with EXT is ok at best. Many retunes needed to end up with an ok shock and plenty of springs purchased too. Never quite hit that sweet spot for me so I now avoid EXT due to their limited tuning range and the chance of getting a tune that isn’t close enough to dial in.