AM Marino V2

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks great, have you got an angle app on your phone to see what angle the front is?
Done very non-scientifically with a side-on picture... 60deg. :oops: Yeah, i'm not happy. I think i'll be getting in touch with Marino, 1 or 2 degrees off I could have dealt with, but 4deg off with a shorter fork than what I based the geo provided on is insane. I'd have to run a 120-130mm fork to get it even in the same ballpark.

Didn't end up doing Blue Tier on it, decided I didn't want to suffer & took the Ripley instead. Was the right choice. First test ride likely to be sometime this week.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
That's a fair way out!

Out of curiosity, what's the best way to measure the head angle? I'm curious on my hardtail.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
That's a fair way out!

Out of curiosity, what's the best way to measure the head angle? I'm curious on my hardtail.
You can just get a free angle app for your phone... Set the bike up on some flat ground and measure the angle of the fork legs - lowers, or stanchions if you've got RS with bulgy lowers.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You can just get a free angle app for your phone... Set the bike up on some flat ground and measure the angle of the fork legs - lowers, or stanchions if you've got RS with bulgy lowers.
There a free one called Clinometer that works well, one of the few apps I have on my phone.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Getting there. +2deg Works headset, flipped the shock + added a Megneg, and also extended stroke to 65mm (173mm travel!), laced up the replacement Nextie for the rear, 35mm rise OneUp bars. Still on the way are offset shock bushings and a 170mm air spring for the Lyrik. Once those are added it should be sitting at around 62.5HA (which i'm okay with), with a slightly lower BB. Still not sure on offset bushings, may need to play around with/without them. Might need to service or look into options with the shock too, 3 clicks rebound is too slow, 4 clicks too fast. Once i've got everything sorted i'll take some proper pics & update the first post.

Here's how she sits at the moment though.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got around to editing/posting footage of the first proper Maydena debut for the Marino last weekend.

Impressions: Holy shit. This thing is an absolute weapon down the steep & chunk. Pick a line, any line, and she goes. Flying through rock gardens feels approx like someone has laid down memory foam over everything, going back to back on the Marino vs a mates 27.5 Spectral was eye-opening.

Vid was the first lap of the day, and my first ever solo run in the park, so was still warming up.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Impressions: Holy shit. This thing is an absolute weapon down the steep & chunk. Pick a line, any line, and she goes. Flying through rock gardens feels approx like someone has laid down memory foam over everything, going back to back on the Marino vs a mates 27.5 Spectral was eye-opening.
Can I assume it also climbs like the pedals are covered in memory foam and needs 880 bars for enough leverage to keep the front wheel flopping?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can I assume it also climbs like the pedals are covered in memory foam and needs 880 bars for enough leverage to keep the front wheel flopping?
Hahaha, not quite, it's definitely more floppy than a >64deg bike at slow speeds but I got used to it pretty quickly to be honest. Effective seat tube is definitely a little too steep, but the upright position it puts me in actually seems to help my back and I have no complaints about climbing comfort other than that.

It's definitely slightly slower overall compared to something more "normal" (given heavier tyres, inserts, 170mm travel & no lockout), but going by #strava times, only around 30-40secs on an 8min climb - not bad at all.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Just got around to editing/posting footage of the first proper Maydena debut for the Marino last weekend.

Vid was the first lap of the day, and my first ever solo run in the park, so was still warming up.

Good video. Bonus points for the elevator music and PAMERALA

I really need to visit Maydena.