AM Marino V2

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now that customs have finally decided there wasn't Peruvian flour packed in the frame, can finally get things rolling.
Currently still waiting on AusPost to get stuff over the strait, and RockShox to warranty Lyrik (creaky CSU).

Proposed parts list (swapped off existing Norco Sight):

Frame: Marino, 160mm travel single pivot. External routing thank f***.
Fork: 170mm Lyrik Ultimate, Zeb to come later
Shock: Super Deluxe R 230x60 - no lockout on a single pivot, could be interesting. Was cheap ($200) so went for it anyway. If I like the frame and keep riding it, Float X eventually.
Handlebars: OneUp Carbon 35mm rise
Stem: Raceface Turbine R 35x40mm
Headset: Cane Creek Hellbender 70
Grips: ODI Longneck Lock-on
Dropper: OneUp 210mm
Dropper Lever: Wolf Tooth Light Action
Seatpost Clamp: Bikeyoke Squeezy (when I find it in the depths of the spares bucket)
Saddle: WTB Koda
Brakes: SLX M7120 4-pot F/R
Rotors: XTR 203mm F/R
Cranks: XT M8100 170mm
BB: XT MT800
Chainring: Aliexpress lol
Chain: XTR 12sp
Shifter: XTR M9100 12sp
Derailleur: XT M8100 12sp
Cassette: E.Thirteen Helix R 9-50t 12sp, Intergalactic PVD
Rims (F/R): 29" Nextie Premium Asymmetric Enduro layup - 36mm (30int), 28h
Hubs (F/R): DT Swiss 240s straightpull CL, boost, 36t ratchet rear, 28h
Spokes: DT Swiss Comp + brass nipples
Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 2.5 EXO+ WT MaxxGrip
Rear Tyre: Maxxis Dissector 2.4 DD WT MaxxGrip + Rimpact insert
Sealant: Stans Race
Extras: Titanium hardware where I can, it adds up.

Last edited:

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Under the TT?
If I ziptie a fidlock mount, yeah that might work actually. The only bottle bosses though are above the shock on the downtube, and there's nowhere close to enough room. In hindsight I should have asked for a mount under the TT too.

Have just added a parts list.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Very sweet bike dude.

Reminds me of my still in pieces Xprezo

Uncle buck can help drill those rivnuts

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It now mostly resembles an actual bike. I'm pretty certain the geo doesn't entirely match the spec, it's definitely slacker than the Norco Sight which was 64deg - which is also what this is supposed to be. Initial impressions.. loong, looow, slaaack. Very much a plow-through-stuff machine.

Off to Derby tomorrow to do Blue Tier & Atlas on it. Could be either a great or terrible idea.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks awesome. But yeah, looks grim donut slack!
Yet to commit, but i'm pretty sure i'll end up popping a 1-2deg angle set in to bring it back. Was planning on running a 170mm fork.. and that would make it even more extreme. This is with 160mm.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Ah, they've done the geo chart shown with fork "compressed to sag" fail again.

I cannot fathom why they do their geo charts with the fork at sag, but shock at full extension. Makes no fucking sense at all.

Fingers crossed the angleset brings it back in, but that BB is still going to be pretty high. :(

Looks cool though, love the colour!

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah, they've done the geo chart shown with fork "compressed to sag" fail again.

I cannot fathom why they do their geo charts with the fork at sag, but shock at full extension. Makes no fucking sense at all.

Fingers crossed the angleset brings it back in, but that BB is still going to be pretty high. :(

Looks cool though, love the colour!
Looks like it, yep. They really need to sort that shit out, throws things off by quite a margin. The BB is definitely higher than I had intended (especially after riding the Ripley with a suuuper low BB for a while), no point in worrying about that now though, will just accept it.

Stoked with the colour, and the paint/build quality seems markedly better than the last frame too. The only issue (other than geo) so far is the rear post mount for the brake being 1-2mm lower than it should be. Had to put washers under the 180-203PM adapter for the rotor to not run into the caliper.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Looks great, have you got an angle app on your phone to see what angle the front is?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It now mostly resembles an actual bike. I'm pretty certain the geo doesn't entirely match the spec, it's definitely slacker than the Norco Sight which was 64deg - which is also what this is supposed to be. Initial impressions.. loong, looow, slaaack. Very much a plow-through-stuff machine.

Off to Derby tomorrow to do Blue Tier & Atlas on it. Could be either a great or terrible idea.

View attachment 385833
I thought my big bike was slack but that's DH slack!! What is that, 62°?
How's handling so far? Hoping it's interested in trails other than shooting down fall lines.

Looking forward to hearing the ride report. :)