Marino Bike Co rigs.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I've currently got a couple of frames in the queue with Marino. One for me and one for a mate. I've tried before, but there were issues with the chainstay length and the gearbox, but I've thought of something this time around that should hopefully address that.

I've gone with something not quite as long as the Katipo and shorter chainstay, and mullet.

I was quoted 14 weeks which makes it about mid March, but time will tell...

View attachment 385877

With this one, tried to modernize it a little for him with a bit of a steeper seat angle and boost in the rear, apart from that, it's almost identical to his old bike, which is what he wanted.

View attachment 385879
Are you going to calculate fork height at sag so you actually get the geometry you want once they're built? :eek:

Isildur

The Real Pedant
No. I saw @Isaakk's dramas and specifically sent them a message asking that and they assured me that they would be built to the static values.
I wish you luck! (And, at the same time wishing luck upon myself...) Given in my first build I asked those questions and had static geo conifirmed, my frame still came built to 40mm (25% of 160mm) sagged.

My second, replacememnt frame should be getting ready by about now, this is a reminder for me to follow up with the Peruvians to see how it's going!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Any luck on the ETA @Isildur. Looks like they're quoting 5 months build time now on the website and emails...

Note: Due to the high demand for frames, all our custom frame orders take a minimum of 5 months to be completed. Thank you!
For anyone looking for info that's purchased a dually frame from them, I sent an email about the shock hardware sizes and this was the reply.

Shock hardware / bushing sizes:

Standard rear triangle:
Front 22-22.2*8mm
Rear 38.1-38.2*8mm

Elevated chainstays:
Front 22-22.2*8mm
Rear 22-22.2*8mm

Frame includes 8mm bolts

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any luck on the ETA @Isildur. Looks like they're quoting 5 months build time now on the website and emails...

For anyone looking for info that's purchased a dually frame from them, I sent an email about the shock hardware sizes and this was the reply.
Keep in mind that it seems these measurements are based off a pre-powdercoated frame, the paint adds ~0.1-0.2mm either side unless you want to take it off with a razor blade.

wkkie

Keep in mind that it seems these measurements are based off a pre-powdercoated frame, the paint adds ~0.1-0.2mm either side unless you want to take it off with a razor blade.
Thanks for that info, looks like I'll go for the flat 22mm then.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, have discovered a new problem, one probably worth considering if you've ordered or are ordering a frame. Due to the chunky upper shock body on a Super Deluxe around the eyelet, it gets very close to the frame once the bike goes into the travel. So close in fact, that it runs into the downtube at around 59mm stroke, 1mm short of the full 60mm of this shock.

Now I've figured it out, options are to have it converted to 57.5 stroke, take a file to the rebound adjuster ring, or swap out for a different shock with more clearance (like a Topaz or maybe Float X).

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Forgive my shock mount ignorance... but could you flip it with some new bushing jiggery?
Or turn the shock around end for end?

It makes sense to have the damper at the fixed end, but if it won't fit - the other way around would (by the look of things).

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm.. yes I could do that now you point it out! Hadn't even occurred to me haha :p Not ideal, but still more ideal than ramming the shock into the downtube.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Or turn the shock around end for end?

It makes sense to have the damper at the fixed end, but if it won't fit - the other way around would (by the look of things).
Yes, this was my meaning.... Stanchion end at the down tube....
Luckily this frame doesn't have trunion mounts

wkkie

Looks like this would be a good option for you Marino dually peoples....

Longer, more supportive axle with protective end caps to keep the crud off the bearings.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Bike came out of paint two weeks ago, paid the full amount over a week ago and frame is yet to ship.

Officially over the 6 month mark from date of deposit. It’s either this bike or a hardtail for Thredbo in two and a half weeks. Don’t like my chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1_aTom

Squid
It'll be at least two weeks for shipping unfortunately. Frame looks good though
from peru to hungary in under 2 weeks do you usually arrive here did you ask for a tracking number? by the way Marino is very late with deliveries I spoke to him yesterday I told him I don't want to wait more than 16 weeks for a frame he said ok..so he has to send it in march

goobags

Likes Dirt
It'll be at least two weeks for shipping unfortunately. Frame looks good though
A neat 4 weeks for shipping.

Only forgot to include a headset which I ordered. Could have spent the last 6 months sourcing a headset but now I need one yesterday.

Dual suspension owners, did you get shock bolts that looked like they were straight from Bunnings? The front shock bolt had a significant amount of clearance. Both have been replaced with bolts from a Spitfire which fit by chance and I have spare due to a cracked frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dual suspension owners, did you get shock bolts that looked like they were straight from Bunnings? The front shock bolt had a significant amount of clearance. Both have been replaced with bolts from a Spitfire which fit by chance and I have spare due to a cracked frame.
Yep. Replaced them myself with titanium hardware - M8x60 (rear) & M8x40 + M8 nylock flanged nut (front). Ideally you'd want something that doesn't have any threads where the shock hardware mounts to, but I wasn't going to get custom bolts made up - works well enough as-is.