Marino Bike Co rigs.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Definitely knew about it. They contacted me after seeing above pic on Instagram and said to send through new geo for a replacement frame, to wich I asked whether to send through via email or FB, & never got a response. I had other ideas though and never followed up - ended up with the 2021 Sight frame i'm on now.

That said however, I might chuck them an email now to see if they'll still build a replacement - been thinking about building up another short travel frame.
That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking. Since seeing Ozzys Spur Ive had the idea of Marino building me up something similar to a Spur.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Current conversation turnarounds are about 5-6 days with Marino at the moment for me. Got my "final" draft here, with 427mm chainstay (430 from BB to axle, but 427mm horizontal), seat tube shortened to 420mm for maximum dropper fun. Also the draft says 2.5" clearance which is want I'm after, the baloon is still 2.8", so there be more than 9mm clearance between the tyre and seat tube.

Now to press go and wait three months!

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’m thinking of getting a Marino Spur. Short travel ripper. It’s in my my mind. Percolating.
Cant wait to see the two above bikes.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Geo experts out there. What have Marino done to my ETT number? It seems really short considering the seat tube angle and reach.

goobags

Likes Dirt
There's a lot of seat-tube offset from the BB, that's probably accounting for most of it...
Compare to [mention]Isaakk [/mention] though it doesn’t add up. I asked for zero offset but I’m assuming that’s not practical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Compare to [mention]Isaakk [/mention] though it doesn’t add up. I asked for zero offset but I’m assuming that’s not practical

I think it has to be offest so there's clearance for the wheel at full travel. You could make the actual STA slacker, as currently the effective STA is much steeper than 76deg, possibly end up with even more offset though...

goobags

Likes Dirt
I think it has to be offest so there's clearance for the wheel at full travel. You could make the actual STA slacker, as currently the effective STA is much steeper than 76deg, possibly end up with even more offset though...
Just had a look at their frame photos and yes there is a bit of BB offset in all their builds. I will review BB offset and adjust actual STA to suit