Majura Pines access to gravity trails

Seb511

Squid
Hi everyone,

A few mates and I are going to check out the trails at Majura Pines in about a months time and I was wondering what the access to the gravity trails of barry and rock lobster is like. Is the climb up larry or the fire road tough?
I'm good with with climbing but a couple of my mates are pretty unfit and prefer shuttling up the hills and bombing down. That brings me to my next question, is there a way to shuttle from the Hackett side and access the top of gravity trails by going up causinrina trail from the Hackett gate? Would that still involve a bit of climbing to get to the top?

I was looking at running from the top of barry to the carpark for the pickup. Is this going to be work for shuttling or should I tell my mates to suck it up and climb those hills!!!!! Any help would be appreciated.

Just a note. We just did a day of shuttle runs at stromlo and that works well and i would do that again, but the aussie marathon champs are at stromlo that weekend so thats out.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
All three tracks involve a sub ten minute push or ride. All have multiple ride up options of single track or fire road.
you could shuttle with a 4WD if gate was open, but anyone local would probably frown apron it as it'd just lead to the gates getting shut for them most likely.
ainsle climb is a mellower hill but a longer ascent and an epic drive to get to the start anyway.
just go somewhere else in ya head, talk some shit and do the push/climb. Gets/keeps you warmed up anyway.

Seb511

Squid
Cheers for that. I thought it might be a stretch just looking at the maps. I've been watching the youtube videos of barry and rock lobster. They look like they are worth the climb!!

Seb511

Squid
Yeah I saw that on the majura website. I wasn't heading down there til the 25th July so I think rock lobster should be open by then. Are the trail builders just fine tuning the trails or adding more?