mac versus pc

What of the following are you?

• Total voters

Rampage Ripper

Likes Dirt
i did search too

hello fellow farkiners. i would like to know, what computer type do you access our lovely farkin.net from

is it a pc or a mac or a laptop or desktop

this is a huge poll, 8 options

so yeah, lets see who is more dominant mac or pc:D

maxybon1234

Likes Dirt
I use both, Use a mac's for design/graphics/art work (at school) and a PC at home for games, internet and general fustration. I love Mac's soo much better as they don't have to run a virus scan every time you click something, it's a pity you can't run everything you want on a Mac such as games and alike. Just my 2c

joshrides

Likes Dirt
should it be microsoft not pc as mac is in competition with microsoft not the personal computer? And i think macs are good as they dont have the whole virus crap and windows errors, but the only reason this is like it is becuase it wont run half of the programs that windows does, game etc.. i run a desktop personally and i like it untill i get viruses, laptops are too unpredictable, i did work experiance in I.T at a computer repairs shop and they where pretty much all laptops, some of them where even close and brand new:eek:. just my $0.02

o and NEVER buy an Acer laptop they pretty much come with a brake down guarrentee

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I use PC laptop and PC desktop.

PC > everything else. Theres nothing a PC can't do and with some computer skills, anything can be changed the way you like it.

.:Alan:.

Likes Dirt
I had got a 20" imac and i just got an uber 24" one. Best computers ever.

Sure a PC can do everything, but mac is just a way more simple to use system. And you need all this silly virus control shit.

You can run windows on mac anyway, for those things that you can only run on windows, i do it, works great.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had got a 20" imac and i just got an uber 24" one. Best computers ever.

Sure a PC can do everything, but mac is just a way more simple to use system. And you need all this silly virus control shit.

You can run windows on mac anyway, for those things that you can only run on windows, i do it, works great.
Then buy a decent virus control, or don't go on risky websites. Also simple to use is macs main (only) selling point, but to the computer gamer/advanced user simplicity is a bad thing. Also why use windows on a mac? PC hardware is alot better because it can be upgraded extremely cheap, and putting windows on a mac defeats the entire purpose for buying a mac.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
i also said i had searched too. anyway, lets not get in a tassle.
i don't mean there have been more than one of them on this forum. its probably the first but the general topic of mac vs pc always ends up an endless opinionated debate, anywhere...thats my opinion anyway:p

by no means am i saying you didn't search:)

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
I don't know what to vote. I have had the same PC laptop for 4 years now and it has done everything I have asked it to do, with only moderate frustration.

I have one of the old Macbook Pro's on order though, paid for and coming in on Friday. I know Mac's are more expensive for the specs you get, but gawd they are sorted machines. The OS is sooooo sleek and if I have any programs that only run on PC I can simply make a Bootcamp partition.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mac guys: don't bother telling PC guys Macs are better.
They'll eventually find out one day, but argue blue in the face before they come around... :D

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mac guys: don't bother telling PC guys Macs are better.
They'll eventually find out one day, but argue blue in the face before they come around... :D
How about instead of provoking argument, you put up some facts why mac is better?

Hardware is way more expensive, OS has limited compatibilty, and it's not upgradable. So for the extra $1000 or so, your paying for sweet looks and simple OS. However i quite like mac laptops, but still think the price is way over the top. Also prices aren't negotiable so you pay what everyone else pays, unless the store throws in freebies or break the rules.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well I didnt vote because no option is rocking the way I roll, but I have one PC setup with OSX running and I have a laptop with XP, Ubuntu and OSX in tripple boot, so yeah, its sorta un-applicable to me, but I do enjoy linux and OSX much more than using windows, so i tend to use wine and parallels alot when using the other OS's. I just like the way OSX takes everything into acount and sets aside what you need before you actually need it (if that makes sense) so when you computer gets heavy usage everything is already accounted for and the computer doesn't slow down. But sure there are things I enjoy about each OS.

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1. The Mac is ready to use out of the box
2. The Mac has no widespread viruses
3. The Mac OS is much more intuitive to use than Windows
4. The Mac comes bundled with much more software
5. The Mac is easier to install and operate
6. The Mac has much better customer support
7. Macs cost the same or less than an equivalent PC
8. The Mac can run Windows if you really need it
9. The Mac supports the same software that you are used to
10. The Mac has much more style than any PC

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love the arrogance of Mac users. It is a guarantee on a topic like this that almost every Mac user will rant about how much better they are. From there they go on to bag out Windows.

Honestly I don't care, I am totally 50/50 on them both. They both have their own areas which they excel in and they both have their draw -backs.

I own multiple PC's simply because of compatibility reasons, along with a few other things which makes Mac for me unsuitable at this stage. I want a Mac, I use Mac on a regular basis, and I will end up getting one pretty soon but I will probably try to avoid the arrogance which comes with the big white apple. Such big mouths for a minority.

And THAT is the only reason why they didn't get my vote.

EDIT: Tupper, I rest my case.

Last edited:

.:Alan:.

Likes Dirt
Then buy a decent virus control, or don't go on risky websites. Also simple to use is macs main (only) selling point, but to the computer gamer/advanced user simplicity is a bad thing. Also why use windows on a mac? PC hardware is alot better because it can be upgraded extremely cheap, and putting windows on a mac defeats the entire purpose for buying a mac.
I needed to run solidworks on my computer to do a bunch of uni assignments, sooo i just put windows on it.

And how does putting windows on a mac defeat the entire purpose of getting one? You get one cause its better but because windows is still bigger some software can only be run on windows, having windows and osx solves all the problems and is soo simple and easy to do that its no hassle at all.

How is PC hardware alot better cause it can be upgraded cheaply? On both my computers i dont need to upgrade cause they are more than adequate.

And even with decent virus control you can still get viruses, and dont go to any risky websites? torrents and downloading stuff is half the use for the internet, the whole thing is "risky" for pc.

And sure macs main selling point may well be simplicity, but if something simple can do all the same shit something complicated can do, why does it need to be complicated.

And would someone care to elaborate on why macs are "bad" for gaming? mines had its fair share of nerdy stuff goin on and its never had a single trouble:eek:

Anyway, meh the less people on macs the better, means the people that make viruses are less likely to go and make em for macs haha