Mac Questions Thread. I killed my Mac today....

tu plang

knob
really is no reason not to buy from an apple reseller, price is the same just means you can get a bit of help deciding if you need it.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Ok, this isn't so much a question about Macs, as much as a comment.

I refer you to THIS thread from a few months back, regarding my MacBook Pro and damage done to it. Due to the fact i'd been finishing my HSC and needed my computer up until last week I hadn't taken it in yet to be fixed. But then I did on Tuesday.

Long story short, I got the computer back this afternoon (10 minutes ago infact), and not only had they fixed the problem (dent), but had cleaned the whole thing too. My keyboard looks like it has had new keys put on, the trackpad is spotless, and everywhere else looks like it has been re-brushed or painted with whatever coating they use..just like new. It's awesome.

They did charge quite a bit for it to be fixed (but hey, my school paid for it anyway), but they did a great job. Great service.

A-line4lyf

Likes Bikes
so thats why the mac's are white...

ps. An actual question, with my mouse, i am unable to use the little ball to scroll upwards but i can scroll downwards. S***s me to no end because it is so annoying!
Try:
System Preferences => Keyboard & Mouse => Mouse => 360 degree scrolling

If its set to 360 degree scrolling and it still doesnt work, then it is probably faulty or clogged.

Last edited:

Kane.

Likes Dirt
Hey,

Im just new to using Final Cut Pro and i am having some trouble with colour correcting and how to keep it consistant on every clip?? Is there a way to keep the colour correcter on the same every time u correct a new clip. Also its anoying watching my footages when I can see that there is a differents of the colour it kills me. Hope you know what im talking about

Please help
cheers Kane

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
One tip I came across on www.leopardtricks.com which I have found useful for quickly accessing files, etc, is this one to do with the Stacks in the Dock.

If you want a stack that you can choose to show:
- Recent Applications
- Recent Documents
- Recent Servers
- Favourite Volumes
- Favourite Items

Do the following:

Open Terminal (Applications > Ultilities > Terminal)

Copy and paste the following into Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-others -array-add '{ "tile-data" = { "list-type" = 1; }; "tile-type" = "recents-tile"; }'

Press 'Return' (Enter)

Type into Terminal:

killall Dock

This restarts the Dock. Must be typed exactly as appears

After that you'll notice you have a new Stack in the Dock and you can quit Terminal and continue on your merry way.

Attachments

skivi

Likes Dirt
ps. An actual question, with my mouse, i am unable to use the little ball to scroll upwards but i can scroll downwards. S***s me to no end because it is so annoying!
have you tried unplugging the mouse then plugging it back in? (seriously)

i had the same problem with the mouse for my macbookpro last week and being another computer-illiterate member of society i resorted to primal instict to solve the problem.
pitty everything isn't solved by the old unplug-plug.

alexMc

Likes Dirt
Got a heat issue with my older iBook G4, running a widget called iStat Pro.
Its telling my my computer is running at 54 Degrees(HD and CPU top) is this too hot? Mainly because my Fan(Rear enclosure) is at 0 RPM, or does it kick in when its too hot, the palm rest under my left hand is very hot also.

Anyone know where i can get replacement batteries from because mine has only 28% health so its practically dead, only lasts for an hour.

Cheers,
Alex

Dymalla

Likes Dirt

Hard drive was what I was looking for. Found it, thanks. Best be clearing some space off my puter me thinks!!
You should get an external hardrive if you CBF cleaning the stuff off it. I dont think they're do expensive anymore either for lots of extra memory.

skivi

Likes Dirt
is there a way of giving my macbookpro a pep up so it runs a bit faster and also fix small glitches like when rograms close unexpectedly or due to an error. i spoke to a friend who works for mac a while ago and he said theres a simple application in the hardrive utilitys folder i should use regularly but i cant remember which one he said it was.

gosh its really frustrating being rather non-computer savvy. and before you ask no i have barely any music/photos/videos/etc on the hardrive.

nicky

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I keep on getting a pop up window asking for a Keychain Password. A bloke in the Apple shop recently farked with my computer and this was the result. I've tried to correct it but failed.

Any ideas?

Steve's_Sky1

Likes Dirt
just a question for those Mac user's out there...i'm thinking if getting a imac or macbook in the furture and just wondering which one would be better for Image editing, video's etc... I'm leaning towards to Imac because of the spec's and that..

wa_shova

Likes Bikes
just a question for those Mac user's out there...i'm thinking if getting a imac or macbook in the furture and just wondering which one would be better for Image editing, video's etc... I'm leaning towards to Imac because of the spec's and that..
I have a 13" macbook and have recently been editing some of my photos. I am really struggling with the screen size, a nice big imac 24" screen would make it far easier.
Going to live with it at least until tax return time though.
Go the imac, or a widescreen lcd with the macbook