Lockdown Rides

Jrok

Likes Dirt
I hope this is in the right thread and doesnt bother anyone. this may be totally dumb but wanted to check in on those in Melb effected by the lockdown, and if you can still get out for a spin?

I have been dragging my little kicker across to the reserve at the local high school and having a bit of fun :)

Stay safe, stay upright :)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I've been lucky the radius increased to 10km and I can now get a ride in a Quarry Park in Footscray. Was there for a few laps yesterday in fact. Even took the Sentinel around the pump track - it was surprisingly good for it!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I've been lucky the radius increased to 10km and I can now get a ride in a Quarry Park in Footscray. Was there for a few laps yesterday in fact. Even took the Sentinel around the pump track - it was surprisingly good for it!
Let me know next time you're going to QP, I have had absolutely zero motivation this lockdown to do anything, even with QP all of 2km away. Went for a road ride on Saturday morning and didn't even enjoy it :(

Shredden

Knows his goats
I bought a cheap gravel/CX bike a few months back - have been out for a few rides around Yarra Trails with mates in the past few days. The trails are pretty boring but I already want to upgrade to something more burly :rolleyes:. Predictable.

Staunch

Eats Squid
I bought a cheap gravel/CX bike a few months back - have been out for a few rides around Yarra Trails with mates in the past few days. The trails are pretty boring but I already want to upgrade to something more burly :rolleyes:. Predictable.

Well if you hurry up and finish your newy then you can come for a pedal with the big boys

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
There are a few reserves near my place that I can link up to string a decent ride together. Been feeling a bit CBF though, so haven't done any this time around.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Surprisingly I've ridden more through this one so far than I was in the weeks before.
I'm lucky that around here the roads get very quite as there is nowhere to go beyond the suburb, so is great for riding on the road when usually you wouldn't outside of lockdown.
And being work from home its much easier to duck off for a couple of hours straight after work a couple of nights a week, in addition to weekend rides.

I had a nice bush park in reach of 5km with some steep gravel loops, and a little MTB Skills loop at Lilydale Lake for some single trail and jumps if I got desperate.
But now its increased to 10km I can get in half of my usual trail network at Silvan, just have to stay on the trails closer to Mt Evelyn.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Let me know next time you're going to QP, I have had absolutely zero motivation this lockdown to do anything, even with QP all of 2km away. Went for a road ride on Saturday morning and didn't even enjoy it :(
We might need to do a socially distant RB QP meetup. Although with any luck we'll be able to go beyond 10km this weekend...sigh