Live Music Thread

indica

Serial flasher
Went to

PXL_20221028_102037806.jpg

Looked like

PXL_20221028_144151645.jpg

Had a great night. Ferreck Dawn was probably the highlight, all were outstanding though.

The Brisbane crowd was odd though, all getting drunk and piking well before Sam finished.
Pissed people arguing and fighting really does not make for a good night.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
And to the lucky sods that got tickets to see Dry Cleaning, and more importantly live in a state they're touring in - enjoy!

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All these old bands getting back together is really working for me lately. The internationals are great but the Sound as Ever crew deserve some credit for putting together gigs with a bunch of Au 90s bands. Ammonia and Bluebottle Kiss being a couple of highlights this year

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Used to be a regular at the sound wave festivals until they canned them.

Just got tickets to Knotfest in March. Fuck. Yeah.

Only downside is, it's at fkn Flemington racecourse.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Used to be a regular at the sound wave festivals until they canned them.

Just got tickets to Knotfest in March. Fuck. Yeah.Only downside is, it's at fkn Flemington racecourse.
Was looking at the lineup with a bit of jealousy I’ll admit. Have seen most of them at one stage or another but it would have been cool to see Megadeth, Slipknot and In Flames again, and haven’t see Amon Amarth before but liked their last album.

Did get to see Soilwork last week. Saw them 14 years ago but they were better this time round (their recent releases have been outstanding).

05FCC1B9-857E-42A6-83DB-C8BDCD51E7EF.jpeg

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Was looking at the lineup with a bit of jealousy I’ll admit. Have seen most of them at one stage or another but it would have been cool to see Megadeth, Slipknot and In Flames again, and haven’t see Amon Amarth before but liked their last album.

Did get to see Soilwork last week. Saw them 14 years ago but they were better this time round (their recent releases have been outstanding).

View attachment 394256
Yeah same, not many of the bands that I haven't seen at some point in time but has been a while. Amon Amarth are great live so looking forward to that.

Intrigued by Malevolence, only just started listening to their latest album. Quite like it.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Please let us know how that is....
So, busy weekend, finally sitting down to decompress and ponder. It was great to see Colin Hay perform after all this time and well worth it though he only played Who Can It Be Now, Overkill and Down Under from that era... the rest of his set list was more contemporary including a few choices from a covers album he's just finished. A really funny bloke, I would have loved to hear more stories from him but his singing and playing were excellent.

1667791570894.png

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yes! DEAD BOYS! next March at the Corner.
only two original members but Cheetah Chrome andhis guitar are a major sound of the band and going by recent vids it’s sounds good!

mark22

Likes Dirt
Saw The Lumineers with support from the Hollow Coves (Gold coast) at the Brisbane Riverstage, great night.
20221113_190135.jpg

20221113_202927.jpg

mtb1611

Seymour
So my partner and I took a road trip to Melbourne from Sydney this weekend just a to get away for a few days. Somewhat fortuitously the Saturday night palsy stars aligned and we managed to catch a secret TISM gig. First time for my partner but roughly my 20th time I'd say. Still can't wipe the smile off my face, brilliant night.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So my partner and I took a road trip to Melbourne from Sydney this weekend just a to get away for a few days. Somewhat fortuitously the Saturday night palsy stars aligned and we managed to catch a secret TISM gig. First time for my partner but roughly my 20th time I'd say. Still can't wipe the smile off my face, brilliant night.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk
Lucky. I had to miss it unfortunately.
I guess I can wait until they play whatever festival it is on the 2nd