Live Music Thread

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Went up to Canberra over Easter to see an old favorite, Midnight Oil. Stood in the freezing cold rain for 4 hours only to have them cancel due to lightening. I think I was getting close to hypothermia so I was happy to get out of there by then. Hopefully they can come back.
Not the same anymore, it used to be a riot down the front but this time I think I could have taken the kids, had a tea party and a nap on the barrier without being disturbed. The support act didn't even get booed off stage. I guess we are all getting old.

danncam

Likes Dirt
I used to see so much live music prior to kids (5,2,2)
Have only seen a select few since.

This year my only confirmed gig is Big Thief in November but hopefully I can sneak one or two more in prior to that
I'm jelly. I love them, but especially the latest long player.
My 18yr old daughter is backpacking with a friend and diverted to see Big Thief I'm Bordeaux France. 20 euros, bargain.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm jelly. I love them, but especially the latest long player.
My 18yr old daughter is backpacking with a friend and diverted to see Big Thief I'm Bordeaux France. 20 euros, bargain.
I genuinely didn't expect anyone to know what I was talking about, but really love them too.

No need to be jealous of me, your daughter is the one we should be envious of.

danncam

Likes Dirt
I genuinely didn't expect anyone to know what I was talking about, but really love them too.

No need to be jealous of me, your daughter is the one we should be envious of.
True, though I was less than impressed when she was spiked at a bar in Spain and woke up in a Emergency Department a few hours later. I want her to travel, but am also occasionally a nervous Dad. (I remember my own hairy experiences backpacking in the 90s)

indica

Serial flasher
Anyone going to Splendour???
Gorillaz, The Strokes, Liam Gallagher - would all be good.
Great to see a big festival going ahead

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone going to Splendour???
Gorillaz, The Strokes, Liam Gallagher - would all be good.
Great to see a big festival going ahead
I’m in for the sideshows
Yeah yeah yeahs canceled unfortunately, which included Wet Leg, very very unfortunate. Jeff the brotherhood is a go this week in a great small venue. Will be a good evening

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Not the same anymore, it used to be a riot down the front but this time I think I could have taken the kids, had a tea party and a nap on the barrier without being disturbed.
That really used to give me the shits, especially for metal gigs. If I'm heading to the front I'm expecting I'll ultimately emerge a sweat drenched wreck, not spending it standing amongst a bunch of immobile silos. Just kills the vibe.
He'll likely end up with Melioidosis though.
*Giardia

I have tickets to see Petulant Frenzy at Newcastle Lizottes mid August once I get these dammned tissue boxes off my feet.

not too far from home, think I will take the Spruce Moose.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A community radio station down the road has a performance space where they put on tiny gigs. They record it and broadcast live to air so the sound is always sensational. They’ve only just started up again after a couple of years of you know what so I was pretty happy to get into this one on Friday.
Been loving this track lately…