Little Things You Love

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
What I don't understand is why the fuck this is a thing? Wouldn't a simple classification based on sex chromosomes be enough. If you don't have 2 XX chromosomes you can't compete as a woman. Why all this bullshit about puberty, testosterone levels etc etc etc.

If there are enough trans people out there that don't want to compete as a man, then let's create a trans/open category. If people heap shit on this category, then tell the bigots to sod off.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
just running with that
so you are suggesting a trans man and trans woman category respectively? or a free-for-all for trans, intersex and non-binary sportz people?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
just running with that
so you are suggesting a trans man and trans woman category respectively? or a free-for-all for trans, intersex and non-binary sportz people?
The latter. You would just call it Open. There are probably lots of sports people with trisomy of the sex chromosomes that could fall into the category as well as TIN people.

That way everyone gets a reasonably fair category to compete in.

ForkinGreat

The latter. You would just call it Open. There are probably lots of sports people with trisomy of the sex chromosomes that could fall into the category as well as TIN people.

That way everyone gets a reasonably fair category to compete in.

as long as the male to female trans sportzters don't leave the female to male sportzters in their dust.
The tricky bit is how are you going to ensure a fair competition? what would that look like in practical terms?

Oddjob

as long as the male to female trans sportzters don't leave the female to male sportzters in their dust.
The tricky bit is how are you going to ensure a fair competition? what would that look like in practical terms?
Female to male still have XX chromosomes so could still participate in the women's category. Which I don't think anyone is too worried about, even with hormone therapy.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Female to male still have XX chromosomes so could still participate in the women's category. Which I don't think anyone is too worried about, even with hormone therapy.

WADA may think otherwise. The hormones used would see them instantly disqualified.

Oddjob

WADA may think otherwise. The hormones used would see them instantly disqualified.
Good point. Would be like a weird rorschach test for type A trans athletes. Does the desire for success override the desire for cognitive comfort.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Too lazy to hambo this but does that mean the hormones utilised can also potentially give the user a performance advantage?
Not just potentially, an increase in muscle mass is a huge advantage in just about sport. Putting on muscles is one of the things to make them look more blokey as well as being a side affect if their just taking it to get hairier, shrink their boobs and stop menstruating. Testosterone is the main hormone used.

safreek

Not just potentially, an increase in muscle mass is a huge advantage in just about sport. Putting on muscles is one of the things to make them look more blokey as well as being a side affect if their just taking it to get hairier, shrink their boobs and stop menstruating. Testosterone is the main hormone used.
C'mon man, dont shatter my illusions. I was convinced she was Natty
cuYWna6.jpg

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Or getting old.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
These guys. I'm sure the reality is not as glamorous, but given the time again this seems like a sweet gig.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's for people that have taken too much meth...and generally like a clean fridge.

Also drinking ... A sport to sit around drinking and watching.

ForkinGreat

It's for people that have taken too much meth...and generally like a clean fridge.

Also drinking ... A sport to sit around drinking and watching.
Wouldn't have thought there were enough bits of equipment to fidget or fiddle with for tweakers.

The stone pusher could go hard on drinking, the moppers, or whatever they are called, might get into strife on the ice, if they were too smashed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wouldn't have thought there were enough bits of equipment to fidget or fiddle with for tweakers.

The stone pusher could go hard on drinking, the moppers, or whatever they are called, might get into strife on the ice, if they were too smashed.

But the focus ....