Little Things You Love

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I had one give me a "moment" on the bike recently - a quick second of adrenaline before you realise its not a massive snake glaring at you. They do a great "piss off monkey boy" look.
I've given myself a fright a couple of times when I've been slashing and noticed the stripes before the legs.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
i used to head up the administration team for a litigation function for a large credit card outfit. We used to get letters from sovereign citizen nutters all the time when it came time to pay or get sued. For the ones that made it to court, all had judgments made against them (no surprise). Regardless of all the mumbo jumbo around it, it always came down to the magistrate pointing out that they obtained the finance for a currency they "don't recognise" to be used in a system they "don't recognise" all the wahile benefiting from it. Either you don't recognise the laws and structures in place and dont benefit from them, or you do. You cant have it both ways.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
i used to head up the administration team for a litigation function for a large credit card outfit. We used to get letters from sovereign citizen nutters all the time when it came time to pay or get sued. For the ones that made it to court, all had judgments made against them (no surprise). Regardless of all the mumbo jumbo around it, it always came down to the magistrate pointing out that they obtained the finance for a currency they "don't recognise" to be used in a system they "don't recognise" all the wahile benefiting from it. Either you don't recognise the laws and structures in place and dont benefit from them, or you do. You cant have it both ways.
100%.
If the 'sovereign citizens' didn't want hassle from the PoPo, then they could just ride a bike or use PT to get around, get stuff home-delivered, and use a van/truck service when they wanted to move heavy things or move house.
Their 'arguments' seem to invariably fail in courts. I do wonder why the F the rest of them don't realise by now that life as a sov-cit etc, is going to be a major pain in the genitalia when dealing with Authorities who have the capability, will and protocols, to fine, convict and imprison them - or ultimately kill them if they get too unhinged and start waving weapons around.

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

"I'm travelling" ...straight to the cop shop.
re the coffs harbour incident
The driver was a bit of a fuckknuckle ...

“Subsequent checks revealed the vehicle’s registration had expired in July 2022,” NSW Police said.
“Police spoke with the driver, a 52-year-old woman, who was allegedly wanted on two outstanding arrest warrants for domestic violence-related offences.
“The woman allegedly failed to provide officers with her details and was arrested at the scene and taken to Coffs Harbour Police Station.
“While at the station, the woman allegedly refused to undergo a breath test.”
The woman was charged with outstanding warrants, use an unregistered motor vehicle on road, motor vehicle tax not paid, use uninsured motor vehicle on road, refuse to produce driver’s licence, and refuse or fail to submit to breath test
She was refused bail to appear at Coffs Harbour Local Court on Thursday.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
100%.
If the 'sovereign citizens' didn't want hassle from the PoPo, then they could just ride a bike or use PT to get around, get stuff home-delivered, and use a van/truck service when they wanted to move heavy things or move house.
Their 'arguments' seem to invariably fail in courts. I do wonder why the F the rest of them don't realise by now that life as a sov-cit etc, is going to be a major pain in the genitalia when dealing with Authorities who have the capability, will and protocols, to imprison or ultimately kill them if they get too unhinged and start waving weapons around.
i think it was more the point of you cant go about your life picking and choosing by which laws you abide by. By virtue of existing in this country and participating in its society you are abiding by its laws for the most part by default. there is no opt in/out opportunity. For example if you own land on which you live, you own that land under the legislation that let you purchase it but yet you apparently don't recognize that law. So do you own it or not? follow? If you've paid for it, you're going to say that of course you own it. But if you're claiming to be a sovereign citizen, under what law do you own it? the law you don't recognise? So does that mean you no longer own it?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Totally agree!
If you don't want to be a part of the "system" then piss off out in the bush and see how long you last without any "system"

ForkinGreat

i think it was more the point of you cant go about your life picking and choosing by which laws you abide by. By virtue of existing in this country and participating in its society you are abiding by its laws for the most part by default. there is no opt in/out opportunity. For example if you own land on which you live, you own that land under the legislation that let you purchase it but yet you apparently don't recognize that law. So do you own it or not? follow? If you've paid for it, you're going to say that of course you own it. But if you're claiming to be a sovereign citizen, under what law do you own it? the law you don't recognise? So does that mean you no longer own it?
I felt that what I said was supplementary to what you wrote, rather than in any way counter to it.
Sov-cits are tinfoil hat wearers, but most are not full-on sov-cits. I suspect most cherry-pick what they follow or don't, and few would avoid using the dreaded fiat currency.
A bit like veganism. You can't be a Part-time vegan, or have cheat days where you eat meat, cow milk, honey or eggs.

People who live in Aus are subject to its laws and regulations. Abiding is more the act of compliance, whether consciously or otherwise.
As any court or lawyer will tell you, ignorance of the law is no defence.

Last edited: