Little Things You Love

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
maybe, if anything good has come out of this, it's that DC's niece will now be a little more aware of who's around and what's going on around her at any given moment, and she has Unkie Dales to thank for that and not some creepy weirdo where the outcome could have been very life changing...it only takes a moment for bad shit to happen

cammas

Seamstress
LTIL- finally being able to ride again :D

Got out with a mate yesterday and put down a few K’s of single track only did 28k’s with 300 metres of climbing, so nothing over the top but it felt good to get up out of the saddle to put in some efforts.

Hopefully I’ll be adding the bike to part of my commute this week just need to get a bike lock, even though the bike shed is electronically locked you can’t trust anyone these days :rolleyes:

crash3

Likes Dirt
LTIL - My daughter, 3 years old, made cupcakes on Saturday.
Not completely solo obviously - the wife measured out ingredients, walked her through the steps, handled the oven. But miss 3 did all the mixing, pouring of batter into the patty pans, even cracked the eggs herself.

Bloody impressed I am. They even taste great, and I haven't found any eggshell yet!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Dug up my last four ginger plants to ready the planter bed for the new season. 15kg! or $750 retail!! Plenty for seed for me and a friend and to use until the new stuff is ready for plucking.

Apple has had plenty of sex as well and is looking nice. Herbs have done well and the sweet potato has filled one of the beds. Need to plant some tomatoes and some beans in the third large bed.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Dug up my last four ginger plants to ready the planter bed for the new season. 15kg! or $750 retail!! Plenty for seed for me and a friend and to use until the new stuff is ready for plucking.

Apple has had plenty of sex as well and is looking nice. Herbs have done well and the sweet potato has filled one of the beds. Need to plant some tomatoes and some beans in the third large bed.
Now you have lots it's back under $10 kg.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
so one hell of a ginger chicken for dinner tonight?

bringing down the cost or PBS co-pay is a great move, anything that lets people head off health issues before they become major issues is a good way to improve health and happiness
1662518915683.png

cammas

Seamstress
LTIL- doing my first commute with train and bike, leave home at around the same time but get to work a little later but if I drive no guarantee if I get stuck in traffic so overall a win.
LTIH - walking out to find my front tyre went flat as the Merida rims and Maxxis tyres aren’t a good combination.
LTIL - work having some floor pumps in the bike shed to get me going again. Then a decent run on the bike path along the Yarra for my first real ride of the gravel/commuter a couple tweaks and she should be good.
LTIH- getting to Southern Cross station with 2 minutes before my train leaves only to find out it’s running late and having to wait 20 minutes before we can board, only to look across and see the 5:10 train leave before us :rolleyes:

Bike on the train shot
6CA76A89-FFC1-4D90-A376-C01ED20A09BA.jpeg