Little Things You Love

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Being released from hospital, they were worried about some groin pain, nothing like feeling you’ve taken a kick to the nuts but it should settle down. No lifting more than 5 kegs for 6 weeks and no driving for two weeks, hopefully I’ll be back on the bike by mid to end of September but I’m not rushing that, not stuffing it up due to riding withdrawals trails will a leave there. In other words I’ll have idle hands and will be posting crap on here till then, so look out for bad memes and dad jokes.
5 kegs? All at once? Fuck me I can barely lift one!

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I achieved a long term goal today. like finding as rug store not on sale, or a lebanese restaurant that doesnt proclaim it is authentic, I've been searching for a hook turns not allowed for bikes sign ever since i read it in the road rules. since no one in NSW knows what a hook turn is, i couldnt see the need for such a sign, but now with church st in north parramatta split with a light rail in the centre I found the sign. If course with tiny lanes with kerbs on either side its not a place anyone who wants to live would ever ride a bike, but the sign is there

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I achieved a long term goal today. like finding as rug store not on sale, or a lebanese restaurant that doesnt proclaim it is authentic, I've been searching for a hook turns not allowed for bikes sign ever since i read it in the road rules. since no one in NSW knows what a hook turn is, i couldnt see the need for such a sign, but now with church st in north parramatta split with a light rail in the centre I found the sign. If course with tiny lanes with kerbs on either side its not a place anyone who wants to live would ever ride a bike, but the sign is there
Rotorburn flash mob hook turn... I'm in.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Rotorburn flash mob hook turn... I'm in.
I'm going to need instructions on what a hook turn is first.

Tip for this new to light rail...the light rail line makes an awesome bike lane.

No worries there, I just ask them to brew the beer, my days of manual labour are long gone. At least my son is going to get a machine to do my front yard for me.
Didn't a machine flatten it all though?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
When I was in Squidney for the Olympics, I had my bike with me to get around. Being a Melbourne boy, hook turns are an innate thing, but relatively unknown elsewhere. On the multiple occasions I did hook turns Up There, I met lots of "WTF did you just do" expressions. In one case where the expression was voiced, I yelled back, "it's a Melbourne Thing!" :p:D

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I'm going to need instructions on what a hook turn is....
A hook turn is a two-step method of taking a right turn without obstructing through traffic, which may include trams/light rail.

Instead of plonking in the middle of the road waiting for a break in the traffic and at risk of copping a car or tram up your bum, you pull to the left side of the intersection, plonk in front of the traffic waiting for their green light, and when the light goes green for the road you're turning into, you go.

mark22

Likes Dirt
When I was in Squidney for the Olympics, I had my bike with me to get around. Being a Melbourne boy, hook turns are an innate thing, but relatively unknown elsewhere. On the multiple occasions I did hook turns Up There, I met lots of "WTF did you just do" expressions. In one case where the expression was voiced, I yelled back, "it's a Melbourne Thing!" :p:D
And a Queensland thing but only for bicycles.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Hook turns for bikes are legal everywhere except for the rare situations where signs say otherwise. For motor traffic they're pretty much limited to inner Melbourne where trams are common.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A hook turn is a two-step method of taking a right turn without obstructing through traffic, which may include trams/light rail.

Instead of plonking in the middle of the road waiting for a break in the traffic and at risk of copping a car or tram up your bum, you pull to the left side of the intersection, plonk in front of the traffic waiting for their green light, and when the light goes green for the road you're turning into, you go.
I am surprised you survived. In NSW that sounds like something that most car drivers would take as an open invite to run you over.

That was one side and I did my hernia trying to do the other side by hand, now my son offers to help :rolleyes:
Damn gut busting work.