Little Things You Love

moorey

call me Mia
Felix does woodturning doesn't he? Oversize root burl bowls are all the rage right now!
All our hardwoods here crack too much when dried naturally. The bowls he did in the past were the result of fires. These won’t burn first time being pretty green but I won’t be surprised if he pilfers parts of these that don’t burn.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
All our hardwoods here crack too much when dried naturally. The bowls he did in the past were the result of fires. These won’t burn first time being pretty green but I won’t be surprised if he pilfers parts of these that don’t burn.
It’d be interesting to try a resin-filled naturally cracked log, would give a cool effect. Probably be a bugger to turn with the soft(ish) resin versus the hardwood.

moorey

call me Mia
It’d be interesting to try a resin-filled naturally cracked log, would give a cool effect. Probably be a bugger to turn with the soft(ish) resin versus the hardwood.
Yeah, he’s keen to try a resin one day. You need the vacuum box to suck all the air bubbles out to do it properly.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah, he’s keen to try a resin one day. You need the vacuum box to suck all the air bubbles out to do it properly.
Oh I know… If you see my bikes appear for sale - that hobby is where I’ll have gone! So keen to get a lathe.

safreek

So….you’re happy to knowingly harm them now…because humans also do other stupid stuff to themselves?
Wouldn't let it bother you cobber. Did the figures so between 20 to 30 birds a day it's around 10 grams(grammes) of meat per day. Hardly supporting them, supplementing them. Also, why don't you care about the other birds, seems like someone is showing bias

moorey

call me Mia
Wouldn't let it bother you cobber. Did the figures so between 20 to 30 birds a day it's around 10 grams(grammes) of meat per day. Hardly supporting them, supplementing them. Also, why don't you care about the other birds, seems like someone is showing bias
Lol. I’d only read about the magpie issue a few days earlier, so I just thought I mention it. If you choose to overreact and try to justify your position, that’s up to you ;)

safreek

Lol. I’d only read about the magpie issue a few days earlier, so I just thought I mention it. If you choose to overreact and try to justify your position, that’s up to you ;)
Nar, I had actually read about it ages ago that's why they get so little. I used to give them so much they stopped hunting properly. Still want to know why you dont care about the pigeons, they are cool lil fellas. Now those bastard will eat til they can't move. Don't know what overreaction you are talking about, unless it's my claim of bias against the other birds