Little Things You Love

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Makes a whole lot of sense to me too. What's it like to live with day to day?
The way it should be from the factory, that's what it's like. I also used a Ross-Tech ECU programming tool to change the electric-hydraulic power steering assistance to use "Seat Ibiza FR" weighting, I found the Polo GTI setting was a bit artificial, OEM TSI setting too light.

This plus the Eibachs, Konis, ream beam bushes, new front top mounts, Continentals, etc - it's a great little handler. Ride can be busy but I like it like that.

Minlak

custom titis
“Operation Ironside” - I think the best part is they paid $1500 to join and a 6 monthly subscription to use the App - nothing like paying to don yourself in.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
The way it should be from the factory, that's what it's like. I also used a Ross-Tech ECU programming tool to change the electric-hydraulic power steering assistance to use "Seat Ibiza FR" weighting, I found the Polo GTI setting was a bit artificial, OEM TSI setting too light.

This plus the Eibachs, Konis, ream beam bushes, new front top mounts, Continentals, etc - it's a great little handler. Ride can be busy but I like it like that.
No offence, but it's a polo....seems a bit like putting AXS on a BMX.

Been so long, but it's like falling off a bike...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
small hatchbacks can be fun
I know.

But still, that's about what I paid for my MKII VR6, including the heavy duty clutch I had to fit myself...and about half what I got in insurance when it was stollen and used a B&E bus.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Just a small best in class hatchback, small hatchbacks can be fun. Plus it's the only car I have & we've done 215,000km in it.

Shocks were a grand, springs $300, nothing else was expensive.
I had one up until a couple of years ago when I traded it for the Civic Type R. It was a cracking wee car although I'm a bit disappointed that VW seem to have given up on the manual version in favour of their admittedly good, but boring DSG transmission.

You're right as well. When it comes to putting a smile on your face and getting bang for your buck, you just can't beat a hot-hatch!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
What's about what you paid - $1300 for a whole car? And what's a bacon & egg bus?
About 1.2 whole car. It had a flogged clutch, but came with a high-end replacement, in a box, and some other assorted wanky pieces. Blacked out badges, stretched tyres on knock off BBS rims, electric hatch lift kit, eBay special coil overs.

Previous owners ambition to skill ratio ran at about 976832:1

Break and Enter

Oh, forgot to mention, the stolen tools in the boot when it was recovered, that the cops were dumb and kind enough to ask if we're mine, were worth more than I paid for the car.

The 3 years of fighting speeding tickets, accrued during its brief but exciting sojourn into the criminal underworld, however, were not fun.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I know.

But still, that's about what I paid for my MKII VR6, including the heavy duty clutch I had to fit myself...and about half what I got in insurance when it was stollen and used a B&E bus.

You have a vr6 and you are slinging shit? Really?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Not that desperate.
So polo tumps, golf, I can dig it.

Still, golf trumps fat bike..hell, being run over by a stollen golf, trumps fat bike.

See that's slinging shit, the previous exchange was querying why you'd over capitalise on a polo, and provided an example of not having to spend more than the cost of wanky shocks to enjoy a POS rollerskate.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I should have left the shagged OEM shocks on there for maximum floaty dangerousness. Good plan!
Replace shocks yes, or car, but why waste your money, or their time with all the wanky race boy fluff. It's a bloody polo...

If it was something boutique like a Jazz, Charade, or mighty boy, sure have at it, but a bloody polo....?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Replace shocks yes, or car, but why waste your money, or their time with all the wanky race boy fluff. It's a bloody polo...

If it was something boutique like a Jazz, Charade, or mighty boy, sure have at it, but a bloody polo....?

If it was an exhaust or engine bullshit, yes. But this is suspension, the tinkering thereof can make things more fun and - and this is the bit that makes it really worthwhile - safer.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
If it was an exhaust or engine bullshit, yes. But this is suspension, the tinkering thereof can make things more fun and - and this is the bit that makes it really worthwhile - safer.
ADRs? Sure OEM is specified to a price/margin, but still within design rules.

Either get a vehicle that's designed for purpose, or use the existing to its designed purpose.

Spending 25% of its bluebook on "upgrades" is just self indulgent wank. You wouldn't fit minions to a road bike so you could take it to rampage, would you? Sure the improved grip would make it safer, and it'd look trick, but it'd still be a waste of time.