Little Things You Love

Jpez

Down on the left!
Great customer service.

A few weeks back I noticed my new PNW Loam dropper post was feeling a bit rough.
later inspecting it I noticed some minor scoring on the shaft. As I bought direct off PNW in the states I shot off an email asking what to do.
The next morning I’m happy to see a reply from their Cs dude Nathan saying that’s crap and they want to warranty it for me. No BS, no argument, no send it back so we can see just how horribly you’ve treated the thing. Just an immediate “we’ll give you a new one”
Only issue is they are out of stock in my size. They’ll see what they can do. I didn’t hold my breath.
The very next morning he’s gotten back to me to say MTD have one and they’ve worked a deal and they’ll supply it for me.
so I package the old one up and send the tracking through. He replied that MTB Direct had sold the last one out from under me and to leave it with him.
By this stage I was thinking I was in for a long wait and made plans to move over my spare PNW Bachelor post to my main bike. Wake up the next morning and I’m pleasantly surprised to see another email from Nathan saying they’ve managed to russle up a post in my size and it’s in the mail.
5 days later it’s on my doorstep. Every interaction I’ve had with that company has been a pleasure and I love their product. Yeah it’s a bummer that one of their units had an issue but that’s going to happen. It’s how you deal with the issue that is the important thing.

I wish all companies were this easy to deal with. I know who I’ll be spending my hard earned with next time I need a dropper.

safreek

Actually don't mind that, cool shape and nice colour. I know it'll be getting some kind of dual-crown, but one leg or two?
the old prophets are pretty nice, that's why I had been hunting one for yonks. Probably start with the lefty but in all probability it will have my fox fotay rammed in its orifice fairly quickly. Will be a boss bike then
Polytheists?
yes, oh and google told me the meaning. Bloody intellectuals, or is it intalectuals :rolleyes:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Feeling lazy so grabbed takeaway on the way home from getting stuffs. Grabbed a Mongolian lamb from a place I found recently (Sichuan Papa for Northside Brisbanites). It was full of chillis! It was delicious, wife wasn't so enthusiastic...

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Speaking as we were of chilli I caught up with a friend last week. Due to covid and general slackness on both parts we hadn't had a drink or two for a year and a half. She works in the city so I combined a bit of psuedo work with drinks after, knowing how this could go I trained in. Anyway we were several wines into the evening and as sometimes happens things progressed and started to get out of hand. One thing led to another and we ordered a cheese platter. On this platter were four Habanero chilis that had been lightly killed. My friend said have one of those and tell me how hot they are. Ah ok, but as I don't know your chili tolerance level that is somewhat speculative... I bit half and it was hot but not lethal, I didn't have to reach for the water or the wine (Jesus wasn't able to attend so we had both). About a 6 I reckon. So she grabbed another and bit it. The remaining half was thrown on the platter. Water disappeared along with a top up and then the wine went. She exclaimed, rather more forcefully than I thought necessary at the time, no fucking way that is a 6! I laughed. Soon after a member of staff came over to see if there was a problem, yes she needed more wine and water and that fucking chili is not a 6. So I said to him have a try and see what you think... He did. I probably should point out at this juncture that he was of Indian descent. Oh, I would give that a 5 maybe...

I ate the rest of mine, picked up the lonely last chili and scoffed that...

I missed the train home and woke #2 to come and get me from the city... The next day was unusually noisy.

Last edited: