Little Things You Love

moorey

call me Mia
While there’s no love lost here for AusPost and their inconsistency of shopping/tracking, and occasional parcel losing, their shipping costs seemed to have genuinely improved for bigger items.
I’ve sold a burner a set of wheels and a fork, and to try to minimize shipping costs, I asked LBS if they were able to ship them off for me. They said they rarely courier stuff now, as AusPost no longer ‘cubes’ large items, and ships based on weight now, which is a lot cheaper.
I was dubious, but boxed up the wheels (#29forlyf, you haters), and the fork in a big box and went down for a quote. $28 from Vic to QLD. Nice. Used to take me hours to creatively box up wheels in round packages to avoid cubing.
Ok, they might lose or destroy them, but at least thay aren’t charging an arm and a leg for the privilege.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
While there’s no love lost here for AusPost and their inconsistency of shopping/tracking, and occasional parcel losing, their shipping costs seemed to have genuinely improved for bigger items.
I’ve sold a burner a set of wheels and a fork, and to try to minimize shipping costs, I asked LBS if they were able to ship them off for me. They said they rarely courier stuff now, as AusPost no longer ‘cubes’ large items, and ships based on weight now, which is a lot cheaper.
I was dubious, but boxed up the wheels (#29forlyf, you haters), and the fork in a big box and went down for a quote. $28 from Vic to QLD. Nice. Used to take me hours to creatively box up wheels in round packages to avoid cubing.
Ok, they might lose or destroy them, but at least thay aren’t charging an arm and a leg for the privilege.
And yet when I bought a set of wheels for my wife's bike 2 weeks ago they wanted to charge me $50 per wheel in a wheel box from Melbourne to QLD?? I Sendle'd them for $30

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Damn it! They cubed me a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully this is the way now.