Little Things You Love

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Haha, I had two across my photography hobbying - for their intended purpose they're impressive, but realistically a worthless investment outside of anything other than shooting at f/1.2 to f/2.0. Still easier to use than the bubble-fronted 17mm TS-E L though!

Small point on mirrorless though (I didn't have time to comment earlier in the day) - lenses are no smaller with mirrorless than with D-SLRs for the same size aperture and sensor size. The distance from the aperture to the sensor (or film) still has to be the same distance apart and it still has to cover the sensor. The shorter distance from the sensor to lens mount flange on most mirrorless cameras can actually mean all the lenses that attach make up the extra distance which can make for a small camera and a bunch of big lenses. If a lens is smaller for the same focal range and aperture, it means it projects a smaller image circle over the sensor/film. It's good for making lenses more compact and allowing room for autofocus, but often leads to weaker performance in the corners of the image. There's a reason the optically best lenses are huge and often lack AF - oversized image circle, and the sensor doesn't dip the corners into the far reaches of the image circle. Most mirrorless cameras have smaller lenses because the sensors are APS-C of Micro 4/3rds.

Prime lens can be surprisingly compact for the aperture and focal length, but a bag full of primes isn't small/light either!

And @leitch - I had a a7rII and hated the EVF. I found a D-SLR OVF much easier to live with when trying to shoot anyrhing moving (especially once I converted the focus screen in my 5D III to a ground glass unit that actually showed the true focal plane at wide-open aperture). Also whoever layed out the menus (or didn't) on the Sony a7/r/s cameras deserves bamboo under the fingernails for the rest of their mortal existence. Such a shit system to use (but oh what a sensor!).

[EDIT] Yes, I'm a tech nerd about many things. :p
My wife does the photography and most of it is portrait stuff, she's not into landscape and all that.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
This has some moments!

Jeebuz, there was random stacks in there. Was there rules where flat pedal riders had to ride clipped in and with their brake lines cut or something? So many wrong speed for the line crashes!

I did particularly enjoy the spectator running onto the course to check if the first bloke's goggles were okay though, and also watching numero uno demonstrate that there actually is a fast and clean line through there!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Jeebuz, there was random stacks in there. Was there rules where flat pedal riders had to ride clipped in and with their brake lines cut or something? So many wrong speed for the line crashes!
Quite. There was some COMMITMENT LEVEL 9000 in that. Some of those would've huuurt.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Found the remote key for the Alfa in the washing machine... Must have been in my riding shorts pocket. Whoops.

But pulling the battery out, opening it up, squirting some contact cleaner into it and leaving in the sun all day has meant its dunking didnt kill it! I hate to think what the dealer would want for a new one...