Little Things You Hate

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Why do people have to park directly beside your car when there are 3 or more spaces on either side of the car. I parked in the centre of 10 spots and a bloke parked next to me. I moved the car one spot over after he left so that I could get my daughter out of the car without dinging his car or doing my back squeezing in between. When we returned from the supermarket he had left but we watched the next car pull in directly beside the passenger door. Mine was still the only c8ar in the 10 spaces. Just. Fuck. Off.
This. Burns. My. Piss.

And always brings me back to this...

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
I saw someone doing an experiment with a torque wrench and feel and 40Nm was basically as tight as you can....
It seems figures of 50- 60Nm are just plain stupid and poor engineering
I can't figure how they came up with this and thought it was OK. I legitimately thought it was 6.1Nm for the first month and only corrected myself when the cranks kept coming loose. I had to break out the auto torque wrench to get it up there. And on a bloody 8mm allen key. I had one instance where I couldn't find the 1/2" drive 8mm allen key I had at home, so used the 1/4" with an adaptor (stupid). Sheared the adaptor off inside the 8mm key.

Needless to say, now that it's stripped I went ahead and bought myself some fresh XT cranks which can be tightened by a regular tool (and a 5mm allen key). Still got to get the Aeffect's off there, I'm thinking a drill will come in handy.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Why do people have to park directly beside your car when there are 3 or more spaces on either side of the car. I parked in the centre of 10 spots and a bloke parked next to me. I moved the car one spot over after he left so that I could get my daughter out of the car without dinging his car or doing my back squeezing in between. When we returned from the supermarket he had left but we watched the next car pull in directly beside the passenger door. Mine was still the only car in the 10 spaces. Just. Fuck. Off.
There's a new version of this for EV's. Turns out that Tesla superchargers (at least all the V2 ones currently in the country) work on banks of 2 for the power capacity. The car will charge at 130kW, unless there's a car parked in the paired / neighbouring spot, in which case it splits the 130kW between you.

Recently took the car to Thredbo on a road trip from Brisbane for some riding. Why oh why did every second idiot who showed up look at the 7 empty spots and continuously pick the one right next to me so we can both be there twice as long?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
restrictions on common medications. Ventolin and gastro stop, not exactly things people abuse but i can only buy one of each at a time. I keep a few stashes around(home, car, gym bag) so its annoying to have to make multiple visits to the chemist.

Is there some tiktok trend of deliberately constipating yourself i am unaware of?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
restrictions on common medications. Ventolin and gastro stop, not exactly things people abuse but i can only buy one of each at a time. I keep a few stashes around(home, car, gym bag) so its annoying to have to make multiple visits to the chemist.

Is there some tiktok trend of deliberately constipating yourself i am unaware of?
I don't know why Gastro Stop (Loperamide hydrochloride) would have purchase restrictions, but Ventolin (Salbutamol) is mentioned on the TGA website:

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know why Gastro Stop (Loperamide hydrochloride) would have purchase restrictions, but Ventolin (Salbutamol) is mentioned on the TGA website
i think the problem is mostly directives by store - ie chemist warehouse. 1 puffer at a time, 1 pack of gastrostop. Last time i went to another chain they asked for my licence which seems to be a new thing, and i have no issue with. Checking would show i buy a few now and none for months. saying you can only have one at a time is a great way to ensure someone runs out when they seriously need it.

Freediver

I can go full Karen

Apparently loparimide can be abused. It's an opiate that can get you off in high enough doses and people are using it as a poor man's/secret methadone.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
The asbestos gyprock wall in the shed i need removed is 10.3 square metres, neatly triggering an extra $300 for an inspector to come and verify the removal job. Sigh.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The asbestos gyprock wall in the shed i need removed is 10.3 square metres, neatly triggering an extra $300 for an inspector to come and verify the removal job. Sigh.
Self-remove0.4 sqm then call in the pros?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sounds to me like you measured it incorrectly. Check again, probably only 9.9m2.
When I was in Rocky a big red kangaroo was hit by a truck or a train and made its way to my back yard to die. Local council did disposal of such things except as I found out not while they are on your property. So as the lovely lady on the other end of the phone advised that the carcass needed to be on the verge for them to do anything I said oh it looks like it isnt dead. It is slowly moving towards the road. It will be on the verge in the next half an hour. OK we can get it. So I took the 4wd up the back, tied a rope around the tail and back legs and dragged the thing onto the footpath. When the ranger arrived he asked why is there a rope around its legs? To stop it hopping away.