Little Things You Hate

SummitFever

Eats Squid
My time is valuable but I just renovated one of our bath rooms including tiling, floor leveling, and all of the custom cabinetry because I couldn't be bothered getting a whole bunch of tradesman and explaining exactly what I want. Saving about 30k is the icing on the cake, but if you want it done right its often the case you have to do it yourself.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Interesting reading all these. I love giving stuff a go myself, but tiling is one thing I won’t DIY.

Looked at many many bathrooms over years of searching for houses. Could generally tell when it was a DIY job. If any non pros here can get it all levelled, perfect fall to drains, precise grout joints, and straight with the laser levels… 100% respect. But I can’t. So I keep my crooked ass away from tiling!

Landscaping was another recent purchase. Plenty of stuff I could have done myself. But the convenience of having it done in 3 weeks instead of 3 months of weekends was worth the money. Now I’m sitting out here enjoying it or riding instead of dumping barrows of topsoil and digging stormwater trenches.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Interesting reading all these. I love giving stuff a go myself, but tiling is one thing I won’t DIY.

Looked at many many bathrooms over years of searching for houses. Could generally tell when it was a DIY job. If any non pros here can get it all levelled, perfect fall to drains, precise grout joints, and straight with the laser levels… 100% respect. But I can’t. So I keep my crooked ass away from tiling!

Landscaping was another recent purchase. Plenty of stuff I could have done myself. But the convenience of having it done in 3 weeks instead of 3 months of weekends was worth the money. Now I’m sitting out here enjoying it or riding instead of dumping barrows of topsoil and digging stormwater trenches.
The problem these days is the tooling is very expensive to use once in a blue moon and then you got to find a storage area for it, and then there are warranty issues because you didn't hold your tongue the right way when you applied the product. I painted a car years ago, and followed all the instructions as required by the product, the paint job came out as good as any but 2 years down the track the paint showed signs of micro-cracks.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

L(big)TIH I'd be pretty keen to get my hands on this champ and string him up by his danglers.....privileged fuckwits acting like tools, who would've thunk it...like that Porsche guy... what happened to him
Pusey the Porsche guy? Reckon he can just get re-awarded chunt of the year for perpetuity, latest caper was sending photos of the dead Police officers he took and filmed to an insurance company out of spite because they wouldn't honour his $2.2m claim on his $400k Porsche that got dented in the crash. At least he did get jail for that, and there's some DVOs coming his way too I think. Absolute pos.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It's very.....American-looking.... Also the wheel arches are fooking inadequate. isn't that slightly illegal under Aus Design Rules/regs?
Looks like aftermarket wheels, tyres and suspension on that one, illegal in Aus. The new Hilux leaks, look like a similar vehicle.

I'm done with new vehicles for a while, had a gut full of scummy car salesmen thinking cars are selling themselves and it's a privilege to be able to buy one at full price.

Going to drive my cruiser for another few years. Took it to Diesel Tune a while back and got an 'Eco tune' done on it, puts out about 260kw and 850nm now, also saves me 1L/100km on fuel consumption... when driven normal and not using the newly acquired killer wasps. Feels the way the V8 Diesel should have from new.

cammas

Seamstress
Looks like aftermarket wheels, tyres and suspension on that one, illegal in Aus. The new Hilux leaks, look like a similar vehicle.

I'm done with new vehicles for a while, had a gut full of scummy car salesmen thinking cars are selling themselves and it's a privilege to be able to buy one at full price.

Going to drive my cruiser for another few years. Took it to Diesel Tune a while back and got an 'Eco tune' done on it, puts out about 260kw and 850nm now, also saves me 1L/100km on fuel consumption... when driven normal and not using the newly acquired killer wasps. Feels the way the V8 Diesel should have from new.
Agree on cars at the moment, currently I’m carless and the her voyager just got written off due to run in with the mailbox, we thought about buying new but couldn’t justify it, she drives bugger all currently and I only drive on Saturday to go riding. I am going to wait another 12 months to see what happens, as the last time I went to buy something they wanted more than retail for a used transit custom plus if just keep riding I should get fit.

slowmick

38-39"
Why do people have to park directly beside your car when there are 3 or more spaces on either side of the car. I parked in the centre of 10 spots and a bloke parked next to me. I moved the car one spot over after he left so that I could get my daughter out of the car without dinging his car or doing my back squeezing in between. When we returned from the supermarket he had left but we watched the next car pull in directly beside the passenger door. Mine was still the only car in the 10 spaces. Just. Fuck. Off.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Why do people have to park directly beside your car when there are 3 or more spaces on either side of the car. I parked in the centre of 10 spots and a bloke parked next to me. I moved the car one spot over after he left so that I could get my daughter out of the car without dinging his car or doing my back squeezing in between. When we returned from the supermarket he had left but we watched the next car pull in directly beside the passenger door. Mine was still the only car in the 10 spaces. Just. Fuck. Off.

...even worse when you are at make out point in the car and this happens.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I’ve seen the theory floated that people are morons.
Sorry, I mean people need reference point to park properly and apparently another car is better than lines on the road…

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve seen the theory floated that people are morons.
Sorry, I mean people need reference point to park properly and apparently another car is better than lines on the road…
Theory doesn't check out, seen what happens when there is no lines lol
The moron part works though.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
LTIH: 61Nm required tightening torque on a 8mm hex bolt Raceface Aeffect). Of course I'm going to strip that head eventually being the kludge I am.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
LTIH: 61Nm required tightening torque on a 8mm hex bolt Raceface Aeffect). Of course I'm going to strip that head eventually being the kludge I am.
I was going to say BS as my Next SL are 50Nm but crap that’s correct. I have only done up tight then snugged and never had a problem. Taps on wood.

1682322101545.png

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Triggered!!! I struggled something fierce with my last (second) set of these. Didn’t help that I fucked up my chainline (twice) and had to torque them three separate times. IIRC that bolt is all that holds the cranks into the spindle. Nothing to pinch them on sideways like shimano.

The original set I had (I guess) did not get any locktite from oem install and so had loosened just enough to round the crank interface on the splines.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
On more than one occasion I've had to remove the opposite side pedal, slip a pipe (with padding) over the crank arm to brace against the floor to stop the crank spinning and literally (and I mean that in the correct sense of the word!) jump on the allen key to generate enough force to loosen the crank bolt when dealing with DUBs....