Little Things You Hate

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Forgot to add these, earlier.

26.8mm sestposts, wtf size is that? Even though it's a kids bike why not stick with a standard like 27.2.

People who can't put a pedal in a kids bike without munting things. On the flip side LTIL pedal taps, they've been a great investment.
26.8 is grandad's roadbike and BMX if my sclerotic memory is not full of pus...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It hasn't taken long! I'm back at work for a week and I am suddenly the fall guy for a sold bit of fucking up by a bunch of coworkers. All of whom of course are permanent staff holding their event debriefs on Monday, the day on which I never work and a meeting to which I am never invited.

Let the year of detachment continue.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How they are so popular in the MTB world is beyond me. Not even in the conversation when talking premium tyres in literally any other market they manufacture for.
Its bullshit.

The bike shop said, those tyres are impossible to get at this time and are worth a bit of cash.

I was like... hmmmm Maxxis... but I've never owned DD Maxxgrips before, should be bulletproof and sticky :rolleyes:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
How they are so popular in the MTB world is beyond me. Not even in the conversation when talking premium tyres in literally any other market they manufacture for.
Imo some of their tread compounds (DHF, DHR, Assegai, Dissector) are excellent, but their build quality / QC is shit. I've gone to other brands.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Dont think I've ever actually bought a Maxxis, but the ones that came on new bikes were good enough I thought. But am loving the Contis on the Orange at present. But disappointed in the Goodyears on the Trance, wanted to love them.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
But disappointed in the Goodyears on the Trance, wanted to love them.
There seemed to be a lot of that going on with them.

Amusing story relating to Maxxis wobbles. I had an EXO+ Assegai that was tight to install (on a DT 481 IIRC) and I caved and levered it on and warped it in the process. Tried it on another rim (carbon Nextie), this time installed by hand with extra lube on the bead and rim lip, and it pulled up with the exact same warp in it.

@Jpez mentioned he wanted to try an Assegai to possibly replace his Michelin Enduro Front as they were vapourware at the time. I said something along the lines of "Here, have this - it's warped but might be alright to get an impression of the tyre". He fits it up, and we go ride together. We get to the end of the first trail and he's looking at me like "the fuck is wrong with this idiot?". This does not narrow down options with me - so I ask him why he's looking at me puzzled and he explains; the tyre has no warp. I'm puzzled. He lifts the bars up and spins the front wheel. Yep, no warp.

To this day I still do not understand. :oops:

TL;DR - send your warped Maxxis tyres to @Jpez so they can live a happy second life!

Freediver

I can go full Karen
After an hour and a half, Andrea from Optus online support decided that my problem was above her paygrade. I am going to get a call in the next 24 hours from their expert for a unix problem at their end that's left unable to open my email.
The best bit was when she said she had sent me a confirmation code via Email about 2 minutes after I'd explained the problem.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I am going to get a call in the next 24 hours from their expert for a unix problem at their end that's left unable to open my email.
The best bit was when she said she had sent me a confirmation code via Email about 2 minutes after I'd explained the problem.
Sigh, unfortunately they do these sorts of circular tail chasing things very well there.

I would resort to thoughts and prayers which will be more reliable that a call from a mystical unix guru there.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sigh, unfortunately they do these sorts of circular tail chasing things very well there.

I would resort to thoughts and prayers which will be more reliable that a call from a mystical unix guru there.
Isn't @hifiandmtb the Optus Linux guru or was he more on the network side?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk