Little Things You Hate

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Uh Oh, the stay the fuck at home police have a warrant for your arrest.

Roll on till we get to UK attitudes, it doesn't exist there now, got rona... have a Panadol.

Glad you're feeling better and as a bonus, still alive.
Yeah, it’s an official 5 days here, so work will go by the book and put me up until I can go home given I got crook whilst travelling as it were. Which is a lifesaver, would suck being stuck somewhere and having to cover a hotel.

Kirsty is super happy for me to not come home with it though…

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
When you get to the train station and go to your usual platform and then you realise you were early enough to get an earlier train but is on the other side of the station, that you just rode past :rolleyes:
Or worse still: when you get on the train at the platform the main board says it's on, and the platform screen corroborates that, so you get on the train, settle in and the platform screen changes to a different destination.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Or worse still: when you get on the train at the platform the main board says it's on, and the platform screen corroborates that, so you get on the train, settle in and the platform screen changes to a different destination.
In Japan never ever get on a train that is on the platform early. And the last door to close is in the dining car kitchen. It is a relatively small door. You can fit through this smaller door with luggage.

cammas

Seamstress
Ended up looking at the timetable last night to see what time I would’ve got in last night, turns out it may have left 25 minutes earlier but as it was stopping all stations I would have only got home 5 minutes earlier :rolleyes:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Parks and Wildlife

Holy crap, this lot shit me to tears.

Without going into all the trials and hurdles we have had trying to get trails built on Parks land over the years, I have been working on running a couple of races for the Tasmanian Masters Games. We were asked if we could run and event to support the Games so are having a cross country race at the Penguin MTB Park, which we manage, so that's easy. We also were asked if we could run an event on the Wild Mersey Trails by the council. It helps to legitimise them if they can show that they are being used for events. We decided to run and enduro, so I did the whole council event application, risk management thing with detailed course map and event program. That was a reasonable bit of work but that was fine, but because the trails go through Parks managed land the council need to see an approval from Parks for the parts of the course that go on their land.
I contacted Parks and get given an event application form which I competed and also sent in all the documents I created for the council. A couple of weeks later Parks came back to me and told me that we could not access the trails as there was a sign that said "No Mountain Bikes" and we needed Police permission to use a section of pubic road (which is a legit Wild Mersey public route). I replied back to say that the "No Mountain Bike" was put up by a woman that has horses who has no authority to stop access but it's not even where we were planning to enter from anyway. (she clearly couldn't read the map and must of seen this sign on Google street view as she's 300km away in Hobart). I also let her know that the road we were using as a liaison section was council jurisdiction not Parks and they had given their permission.
I sat back and waited for about a week for a reply and she replied and admitted that they didn't really need what she had asked for but it is a recommendation from the PWS region for the event operation since it is mainly on Parks land. She then said we were required written permission from Sustainable Timbers for a small section that goes on their jurisdiction. So I contacted ST and they were pretty easy to deal with and sent me a form with the permission. I then sent that back to Parks and said that I have done all that was required and can we now have permission to run the event. After another 2 weeks and a couple of "where is this at" email prompts she then replied and said that the event is with their "delegate'' to approve and I will be informed when it does (no timeframe though) and to top that off there's a $150 application fee that she will raise and invoice for in the coming days.:mad:
I replied to say that I know a commercial event organiser that has run 3 very similar events and did not have to pay any fee or have to jump through so many hoops and you are requiring a not for profit, volunteer organisation to pay a fee!!

I'm awaiting to see her reply, that's my rant for the day.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Well well well...last night provided some interesting revelations about who among my associates are royal watchers. There was a few surprises.
Respect to anyone that could sit through that whole telecast. A good farewell to the Queen and all but ,geeez, they have totally mastered the art of dragging it on full of archaic processes and obscure thingys fresh from the 1890's.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Well well well...last night provided some interesting revelations about who among my associates are royal watchers. There was a few surprises.
Didn't even know it was on but I can imagine the pomp and ceremony that would be involved.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My classmates have an amazing odour to them. I've just come back into our room from lunch and fuck me it stinks in here!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Parks and Wildlife

Holy crap, this lot shit me to tears.

Without going into all the trials and hurdles we have had trying to get trails built on Parks land over the years, I have been working on running a couple of races for the Tasmanian Masters Games. We were asked if we could run and event to support the Games so are having a cross country race at the Penguin MTB Park, which we manage, so that's easy. We also were asked if we could run an event on the Wild Mersey Trails by the council. It helps to legitimise them if they can show that they are being used for events. We decided to run and enduro, so I did the whole council event application, risk management thing with detailed course map and event program. That was a reasonable bit of work but that was fine, but because the trails go through Parks managed land the council need to see an approval from Parks for the parts of the course that go on their land.
I contacted Parks and get given an event application form which I competed and also sent in all the documents I created for the council. A couple of weeks later Parks came back to me and told me that we could not access the trails as there was a sign that said "No Mountain Bikes" and we needed Police permission to use a section of pubic road (which is a legit Wild Mersey public route). I replied back to say that the "No Mountain Bike" was put up by a woman that has horses who has no authority to stop access but it's not even where we were planning to enter from anyway. (she clearly couldn't read the map and must of seen this sign on Google street view as she's 300km away in Hobart). I also let her know that the road we were using as a liaison section was council jurisdiction not Parks and they had given their permission.
I sat back and waited for about a week for a reply and she replied and admitted that they didn't really need what she had asked for but it is a recommendation from the PWS region for the event operation since it is mainly on Parks land. She then said we were required written permission from Sustainable Timbers for a small section that goes on their jurisdiction. So I contacted ST and they were pretty easy to deal with and sent me a form with the permission. I then sent that back to Parks and said that I have done all that was required and can we now have permission to run the event. After another 2 weeks and a couple of "where is this at" email prompts she then replied and said that the event is with their "delegate'' to approve and I will be informed when it does (no timeframe though) and to top that off there's a $150 application fee that she will raise and invoice for in the coming days.:mad:
I replied to say that I know a commercial event organiser that has run 3 very similar events and did not have to pay any fee or have to jump through so many hoops and you are requiring a not for profit, volunteer organisation to pay a fee!!

I'm awaiting to see her reply, that's my rant for the day.
I'd just pay it, I helped organise a race up here years ago on parks land and they waited till the race was over and then slapped us with extra fines.