Little Things You Hate

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Territorial pissings.

Neighbour next to me got it in his head he wants to pick blackberries sometimes, so is shitty with me because I want to clear out the weeds on public land out the front of our houses along the creek and regenerate with natives.

And he has clearly been talking to the other neighbour next along who told me he wants the weeds i mean blackberries left. And to ram home his point after I said one reason i wanted to clear the weeds was to enlarge a little communal parking area from one spot that makes it hard for me to get out past when there is a car there to allow for two cars to park there in a less obtrusive manner, he parked his fuckoff massive land cruiser there.

So thats about all the molly coddling of idiots im up for. Blackberries are being removed.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Territorial pissings.

Neighbour next to me got it in his head he wants to pick blackberries sometimes, so is shitty with me because I want to clear out the weeds on public land out the front of our houses along the creek and regenerate with natives.

And he has clearly been talking to the other neighbour next along who told me he wants the weeds i mean blackberries left. And to ram home his point after I said one reason i wanted to clear the weeds was to enlarge a little communal parking area from one spot that makes it hard for me to get out past when there is a car there to allow for two cars to park there in a less obtrusive manner, he parked his fuckoff massive land cruiser there.

So thats about all the molly coddling of idiots im up for. Blackberries are being removed.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Maybe I need to play that loudly over a PA when he is sleeping....

Sigh. Humans are bloody annoying. I wasnt even asking for their contribution to the cost of cleaning the place up, but I wasnt expecting them to want to keep it looking trashy...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Territorial pissings.

Get a local green group to come around and do it. Not only will that be arms length for you, but have a dozen old Greenies clogging up the street for a day will be wonderful.

Fresh blackberries are so delicious though.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Get a local green group to come around and do it. Not only will that be arms length for you, but have a dozen old Greenies clogging up the street for a day will be wonderful.

Fresh blackberries are so delicious though.
I am actually looking at that. Will still be a problem for me though with the neighbour.

His wife supports us though, she says he never picks them anyway! lol, ill try to avoid sowing matrimonial discord in addition to the rest...

Flow-Rider

Burner
I am actually looking at that. Will still be a problem for me though with the neighbour.

His wife supports us though, she says he never picks them anyway! lol, ill try to avoid sowing matrimonial discord in addition to the rest...
Wait until the neighbours are fighting, then chop them down and they'll blame each other. :D

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
'We' are cleaning up some creek banks with the help of the usual government and other local groups and part of that is leaving some lantana and wild nasties because so many small birds have made a habitat in there. Those areas provide a safe zone that until other things grow up around there the wee birdies would be vulnerable to wild cats and dogs and crocodiles. It is funny to hear the landcare and green groups agree on how many m2 of this stuff per area must be left until the rest has established. I mean that it is good that they are thinking but funny in that weird we must destroy this shit kind of way. Could be just me.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
'We' are cleaning up some creek banks with the help of the usual government and other local groups and part of that is leaving some lantana and wild nasties because so many small birds have made a habitat in there. Those areas provide a safe zone that until other things grow up around there the wee birdies would be vulnerable to wild cats and dogs and crocodiles. It is funny to hear the landcare and green groups agree on how many m2 of this stuff per area must be left until the rest has established. I mean that it is good that they are thinking but funny in that weird we must destroy this shit kind of way. Could be just me.
This has actually come a long way compared to 15 years ago. They used to just come in a clear everything out and then say, look at all the stuff we're planting to save the native birds! Ignoring that (A) they'd just destroyed the birds current habitat, and (B) they'd only even plant gums and wattles. Took us a few years, but we (our local planting group) finally convinced the council to leave the box thorn in place until suitable alternatives were established.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
This has actually come a long way compared to 15 years ago. They used to just come in a clear everything out and then say, look at all the stuff we're planting to save the native birds! Ignoring that (A) they'd just destroyed the birds current habitat, and (B) they'd only even plant gums and wattles. Took us a few years, but we (our local planting group) finally convinced the council to leave the box thorn in place until suitable alternatives were established.
HACK IT ALL DOWN!!! It's the only way to get the annoying little orange guy to piss off.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I will admit to being surprised that it wasn't an argument about keeping some or not but a pleasant discussion on how much and where. As you say we have moved in a good direction.