Little Things You Hate

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Yeah, would be surprised if many people could pick 10 bins in 6 hours. Ask cardy, I think he has worked the industry as well
Nope, not I. Although Mrs George has told the Man Child if he doesn't find his own job we'll find one picking/pruning etc.

I have heard the rules have changed and it's no longer paid by bucket rates. But I haven't looked into it.

Minlak

custom titis
So currently if you pick fruit you must be able to earn $21.49 / hr - So if you are working an 8 hr day you get $171.92c - They can still pay in a per fruit rate but they have to guarantee the minimum if you are capable of picking more than that you will be paid more as the per fruit rate will take over.

When I was in the industry the "Gun" pickers would come in for 1st picks only and then fuck off to greener pastures - The "Gun" pickers also used to leave behind much more torn and bruised fruit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
In the 90s and early 2000s one of my friends would close his building business over summer (apparently it's too hot) and go fruit picking. His stories of big $$$ convinced many a friend to join him in the pursuit of money to travel. Now I never joined him fruit picking, but I did a little labouring for him so was fairly familiar with his (poorly defined) idea of an easy day at work...many a friend made practically nothing and only lasted a few weeks while this guy raked in the buckets.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Something I've been dealing with a lot at the moment - Emailing businesses and services on their published email addresses and online contact forms and calling and leaving messages and never getting a response. Surely you want to understand what the opportunity is before disregarding it in this market?

SO if anyone knows or is a reliable and good quality Concreter that services Melbourne's outer west, i'd like to hear from you lol. Job is around 100-120sqm and a mix of exposed ag and plain, may require some earth removal.

Also after a stone mason

Flow-Rider

Burner
Something I've been dealing with a lot at the moment - Emailing businesses and services on their published email addresses and online contact forms and calling and leaving messages and never getting a response. Surely you want to understand what the opportunity is before disregarding it in this market?

SO if anyone knows or is a reliable and good quality Concreter that services Melbourne's outer west, i'd like to hear from you lol. Job is around 100-120sqm and a mix of exposed ag and plain, may require some earth removal.

Also after a stone mason
You can't even get quotes in Brisbane from most of the building trades.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I understand that a lot of tradies appointments are getting called off because of illness and staff shortage, but to so many places thats the end of it. no effort to reschedule, job closed. i guess thats the standard they work to when there's more work than they really want.

scheduled holiday for next week as kid was due at a sports camp this week he was excited for. camp rescheduled to next week due to sydney being a tad damp.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
It's an utter nightmare.
this is a mates plan after discovering it's close to impossible to hire someone to pour his slab for his shed atm, 12*27m slab

register as an owner builder
2 days training per heavy equipment ticket, $600 each
Coats/Kennard's will hire earth moving equipment to you no dramas even without the ticket if it is your land, but you want tickets so you have half an idea
Cut the block as needed
make form work.
lay reo.
hire bunch of old concreters, cash, beer on tap once done, on site catering, organised transport to and from site.
hire a concrete pump and operator if access is crappy.