Little Things You Hate

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Hey Tubby, sorry to hear this! Yes surgical adhesions are a totally understated pain inducing complication! Ive just last week been in ED over an issue that turns out 13 years of residual agony has been from ovarian cancer surgery. Never mind the other cancer they missed at the time...

Are you doing ok?
Shite!

Hope you're going ok @Norco Maniac.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Wisdom tooth extractions, both on the same side so at least my whole mouth isn't aching.

LTIL, Panadeine Forte...works bloody well on the pain but everything else is a bit fuzzy around the edges, was planning on going out to do a few chores later...zero chance of taking the car out.
you should just settle in with a nice schooner of Gin and watch the world go by...have you finished chewing on that blood soaked tissue yet!...fun times

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
you should just settle in with a nice schooner of Gin and watch the world go by...have you finished chewing on that blood soaked tissue yet!...fun times
Yup, that gauze was a real highlight, I'll take a raincheck on the gin though, they were taken out yesterday afternoon so gin would've been more use to me last night than today.

While I'm here though, another LTIH...

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/2nv4ZUB']How farkin hard is it to make a soup that tastes good, I dead set reckon the packing probably had more flavor and I think I could make one for not much more and taste sooo much better...half a BBQ chook, root veg, celery, stock, creamed corn and some 2 min noodles bit of parsley and....ta-dah.
[/url]

Flow-Rider

Burner
Wisdom tooth extractions, both on the same side so at least my whole mouth isn't aching.

LTIL, Panadeine Forte...works bloody well on the pain but everything else is a bit fuzzy around the edges, was planning on going out to do a few chores later...zero chance of taking the car out.
I've had 2 ripped out and the other 2 in my lower jaw have grown parallel to my jaw under the gums, I was quoted 10k aside to remove them ten years ago.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
New Shimano 105 12 speed released - Di2 only ffs :(
Semi wireless, still needs to stash a battery in the seat tube. Shifters then wirelessly talk to rear/front derailleur.

SRAM Rival Etap AXS similar price and fully wireless. But SRAM :rolleyes:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I want cables... I like mechanical shifting. Electric gears and i may as well just get an ebike :(

Guess I should start looking for some current 11 speed gear in preparation for the next roadie.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
New Shimano 105 12 speed released - Di2 only ffs :(
Cunce!! Ultegra and Dura-Ace 12spd were released as Di2 only, AFAIK, now 105.
I do like having mechanical over Di2, as no added complexity or yet another thing to keep charged.
Apparently the shifting is good, but I don't like having to remove the seatpost to get at the battery.

I guess they have gone Di2 only, because of Aero bikes with fully concealed shift and brake lines. I imagine Shifting would have been a bit worse with all the twists and turns needed to route mechanical shift cables internally.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Cunce!! Ultegra and Dura-Ace 12spd were released as Di2 only, AFAIK, now 105.
I do like having mechanical over Di2, as no added complexity or yet another thing to keep charged.
Apparently the shifting is good, but I don't like having to remove the seatpost to get at the battery.
Its leave Tiagra as the highest mechanical group! Which will no doubt go 11 speed itself shortly. I like 105 though, it performs perfectly and I like the black.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
they missed it? hope that got sorted quickly. And all gone now?

Im doing ok since they emptied my stomach and removed all the pressure, it unkinked itself. Of course i stll get that feeling that every twinge is either another blockage or sign cancer is back
That paranoia can't be fun to carry around!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
What the actual fark. Email from Pushys. Never heard of this brand. Click to take a look. All eBikes. Meh. Top to the range is $23k. Who spends that sort of money? Usual jokes aside about dentists. That’s just nuts.

https://www.pushys.com.au/forestal-siryon-diode-29inch-carbon-e-mtb-dark-grey.html
I just got the same message and was thinking the same. We must be almost at the top of the eWanker mountain by now.

I'm not saying to go back to klunkers but those guys always seemed to have smiles on their faces without a $20k+ bike.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

link1896

Mr Greenfield
This is where the market is at. Sworks Turbo Levo Levo is now $24,990 aud and sold out.

Forestal have developed their own frame, no doubt made someone in Taiwan or China but at least it’s not open mould. And their motor is customised Bafang. Build kit is very good, only thing I wound not be happy with are the crank brothers rims. Bafang motors are following the Kia and Hyundai path, start at the bottom end and work up. They are getting better and better, reliability already eclipses brose, and serviceability and spare parts are far superior.

Premium ebikes are getting silly money, no denying that . In a few years I predict we will have something in the 29,990 aud range on offer.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
This is where the market is at. Sworks Turbo Levo Levo is now $24,990 aud and sold out.

Forestal have developed their own frame, no doubt made someone in Taiwan or China but at least it’s not open mould. And their motor is customised Bafang. Build kit is very good, only thing I wound not be happy with are the crank brothers rims. Bafang motors are following the Kia and Hyundai path, start at the bottom end and work up. They are getting better and better, reliability already eclipses brose, and serviceability and spare parts are far superior.

Premium ebikes are getting silly money, no denying that . In a few years I predict we will have something in the 29,990 aud range on offer.
My brother popped into lbs to get pricing on new Hightower. GX kicking off at $14k. He is taking another hard look at Canyon.