Little Things You Hate

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Make sure and feed it any PS4 games you may want to play in the future. Just stick the disc in and its starts the process, then remove and feed it another.

Its got a large update file for those too.
Thankfully GT is only game I play, the challenge is to remember to turn it on once a month so it will update.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Thankfully GT is only game I play, the challenge is to remember to turn it on once a month so it will update.
We occasionally play some 3-4 player games, nothing as irritating as getting everyone sitting with a controller in hand and 25minute update appears.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
My uncle on facebook complaining he cant get all the medical things he wants done when he wants them in the public system and then proceeding to vote LNP.

Sigh.
News flash. Same thing happens in the NHS and the Nordic countries.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Paying $45 on Saturday morning for a Shimano rotor because aliexpress order ($9 each) not to delivered until 23rd July. Just got notification that they'll be delivered today. :oops:
I got some AE shimano rotors and they are usually chinese made rather Japanese. The chinese ones are not machined on both sides and it takes a long time for the surface to flatten out...

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Wisdom tooth extractions, both on the same side so at least my whole mouth isn't aching.

LTIL, Panadeine Forte...works bloody well on the pain but everything else is a bit fuzzy around the edges, was planning on going out to do a few chores later...zero chance of taking the car out.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Wisdom tooth extractions, both on the same side so at least my whole mouth isn't aching.

LTIL, Panadeine Forte...works bloody well on the pain but everything else is a bit fuzzy around the edges, was planning on going out to do a few chores later...zero chance of taking the car out.
Doing 2/5 of Fk all is the correct amount of activity after wisdom teeth extractions, IMO.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I got some AE shimano rotors and they are usually chinese made rather Japanese. The chinese ones are not machined on both sides and it takes a long time for the surface to flatten out...
No rotor is machined on the braking surface, they're surface ground with a precision grinding wheel. The tolerances on the grinding surfaces could be questionable but most of the rotors I've bought from there have been fairly good bar one.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
These ones come with the @ozzybmx guarantee..so should be ok;)
My AE rotor guarantee is for the SRAM Centreline, probably bought 15 sets of them over the years, also carry a decent stock of them. If you were stuck @Shorsau you should have gave me a shout, I have 160mm, 180mm and 200mm AE Centreline 6-bolt rotors here.

I ride Shimano MT800 rotors on my bikes as I have went soft and turned into a centrelock slut instead of 6-bolt on my bikes over the last 3-4yrs, but still use 6 bolt on a lot of bikes.

EDIT: When these rotor arrive, they are stamped SRAM on the rotors, the AE picture has it photo shopped out. I cant tell the difference between these and locally bought 'real' Centreline.

Last edited:

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
My AE rotor guarantee is for the SRAM Centreline, probably bought 15 sets of them over the years, also carry a decent stock of them. If you were stuck @Shorsau you should have gave me a shout, I have 160mm, 180mm and 200mm AE Centreline 6-bolt rotors here.

I ride Shimano MT800 rotors on my bikes as I have went soft and turned into a centrelock slut instead of 6-bolt on my bikes over the last 3-4yrs, but still use 6 bolt on a lot of bikes.

Those were the ones I ordered @ozzybmx (180mm 6 bolt)..can't beat them for price. I run a centerlock hub on the front of the Ti bike, but got an adaptor for 6 bolt mate.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

EDIT: When these rotor arrive, they are stamped SRAM on the rotors, the AE picture has it photo shopped out. I cant tell the difference between these and locally bought 'real' Centreline.

The best thing about buying Ali centreline rotors is if they're knock-offs they're probably better quality than genuine items. :p

Haakon

Keeps on digging
No rotor is machined on the braking surface, they're surface ground with a precision grinding wheel. The tolerances on the grinding surfaces could be questionable but most of the rotors I've bought from there have been fairly good bar one.
surface ground/ machined... you know what I mean... Chinese ones are not "surface ground" on one side, leaves rounded edges from the stamping process and the surface area contacted by the pad is significantly reduced until the pad eventually does the surface grinding.

Ive got one like this on the back of the Orange, and to be fair its been fine and looking better especially after the last muddy/wet ride with metal pads :)

Flow-Rider

Burner
surface ground/ machined... you know what I mean... Chinese ones are not "surface ground" on one side, leaves rounded edges from the stamping process and the surface area contacted by the pad is significantly reduced until the pad eventually does the surface grinding.

Ive got one like this on the back of the Orange, and to be fair its been fine and looking better especially after the last muddy/wet ride with metal pads :)
Hit it with a flat rubbing block and sandpaper to knock the edges off, sounds like a second that failed QC from Shimano. I haven't bought any Shimano rotors from Alli but all the others have been ground on both sides. These ones here have been good, the only thing I can knock them on is they didn't use a stainless washer on the back of the stainless rivet and it's started to rust after 3 months of riding in water and mud.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Hit it with a flat rubbing block and sandpaper to knock the edges off, sounds like a second that failed QC from Shimano. I haven't bought any Shimano rotors from Alli but all the others have been ground on both sides. These ones here have been good, the only thing I can knock them on is they didn't use a stainless washer on the back of the stainless rivet and it's started to rust after 3 months of riding in water and mud.

View attachment 390745

Its fine now, the pads have already done most of the work :)

Not a fan of those. The SLX rotors are my favourite style I think, just neat and gimmick free.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Well the surgeon who cut out my bowel cancer 6 years ago just commented that i couldn't stay away. Seems scar tissue from that can cause this at any time. Finished my followup visits at the cancer clinic a month ago. Got covid. Then this. Maybe i just have a thing for hosptials
Hey Tubby, sorry to hear this! Yes surgical adhesions are a totally understated pain inducing complication! Ive just last week been in ED over an issue that turns out 13 years of residual agony has been from ovarian cancer surgery. Never mind the other cancer they missed at the time...

Are you doing ok?