Little Things You Hate

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Just read on PB that Jack rode a small in round 2, because the small 2022 Strive is the closest equivalent to his large 2021.

Why have sizing? Is this 'bargeification' to dumb down bikes so any plonker can just point and shoot? Can I buy an xxxxxs just so I'm not wallowing in some enormous plush Cadillac?
Do you reckon that's across different models? I was looking at a lux trail for my wife. Better check the geometry again as she's a small normally

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Do you reckon that's across different models? I was looking at a lux trail for my wife. Better check the geometry again as she's a small normally
No idea, I haven't looked into it. But I would see no reason for that not to be the case.

smaj

Likes Dirt
Wow. Just compared her Scott Spark RC to a Lux trail and small for small, the standover is 60mm more, toptube is 35mm more and reach is 40mm more on the Lux.
Not exactly a like-for-like comparison with the Scott, but I have a small Spectral 27.5 (2020) and a small Lux Trail (2022). The reach is so much longer on the LT (but then again, the Spectral has always looked a bit squashed). Wheelbase also much longer on the LT.

DMan

Not exactly a like-for-like comparison with the Scott, but I have a small Spectral 27.5 (2020) and a small Lux Trail (2022). The reach is so much longer on the LT (but then again, the Spectral has always looked a bit squashed). Wheelbase also much longer on the LT.
Thanks for that. Looking too big and sadly they don't seem to offer an XS in the trail. It might have to be a Lux WC as they come in XS which is much closer to her geo. But I would really have liked to have been able to get a FOX34 like on the trail versions.

smaj

Likes Dirt
Thanks for that. Looking too big and sadly they don't seem to offer an XS in the trail. It might have to be a Lux WC as they come in XS which is much closer to her geo. But I would really have liked to have been able to get a FOX34 like on the trail versions.
Rumour is (well, what I've read on a few websites) that now the new regular Lux is out, the new LT will be soon too. Probably only an update to the rear triangle though (since they're shared), so maybe no XS even then?

I found positioning to be a bit tricky on the LT when I got it. I tried the saddle where I thought it should go, for the same reach as on the Spectral, but it never felt right. So I tried much further back, and that actually feels fine, even with the long reach. Can't tell you why :) Riding the Spectral feels really upright now though.

DMan

Rumour is (well, what I've read on a few websites) that now the new regular Lux is out, the new LT will be soon too. Probably only an update to the rear triangle though (since they're shared), so maybe no XS even then?

I found positioning to be a bit tricky on the LT when I got it. I tried the saddle where I thought it should go, for the same reach as on the Spectral, but it never felt right. So I tried much further back, and that actually feels fine, even with the long reach. Can't tell you why :) Riding the Spectral feels really upright now though.
The reach you could probably get around in changing stems etc. The standover would be a bugger though. 60mm is a fair bit.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Just read on PB that Jack rode a small in round 2, because the small 2022 Strive is the closest equivalent to his large 2021.

Why have sizing? Is this 'bargeification' to dumb down bikes so any plonker can just point and shoot? Can I buy an xxxxxs just so I'm not wallowing in some enormous plush Cadillac?
It doesn't look like he's riding a BMX at all...clearly he has no idea.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
20 minutes to kill. New GT7 that I've had for four weeks and haven't touched. Let's see how it looks.

Every. Fucking. Time.
Make sure and feed it any PS4 games you may want to play in the future. Just stick the disc in and its starts the process, then remove and feed it another.

Its got a large update file for those too.