Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I happen to be looking out of the window and I notice a car pulls up on the footpath, a lady that looks drug induced jumps out of the car and starts to walk towards my gate, I think to myself 'here we go', but walks straight past the gate to the overhanging Allamanda Yellow Creepers we have on the fence. The lady picks some of the flowers from them, I go back to what I was doing. I look out the window a moment later, and her partner comes to the aid with a plastic bag and a hood draped over his head and fleeces the rest of the yellow flowers that look like death because of the cold weather.:rolleyes: :D
That's nice of them to help with your garden maintenance...

Puffy jackets are silly, especially if they are an outdoors/adventure brand and the wearer is not an outdoors/adventure type.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I happen to be looking out of the window and I notice a car pulls up on the footpath, a lady that looks drug induced jumps out of the car and starts to walk towards my gate, I think to myself 'here we go', but walks straight past the gate to the overhanging Allamanda Yellow Creepers we have on the fence. The lady picks some of the flowers from them, I go back to what I was doing. I look out the window a moment later, and her partner comes to the aid with a plastic bag and a hood draped over his head and fleeces the rest of the yellow flowers that look like death because of the cold weather.:rolleyes: :D
Can they be smoked I wonder??

Flow-Rider

Burner
Except they're all broken and not going to be fixed for quite a while #reliablefossilfuelslol
I've read somewhere that they're working on getting them running but there are a few individual units around Qld, so I suppose someone is going to fill their pockets up with money.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Even with all the breakdowns, there is still more than enough capacity. The problem is generation companies refusing to turn appliances on, holding governments to ransom, to squeeze more profit$ out of us. Scamming sharks. They're more than happy to reap rediculous windfalls when it goes their way, but demand taxpayer assistance when markets tighten.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Even with all the breakdowns, there is still more than enough capacity. The problem is generation companies refusing to turn appliances on, holding governments to ransom, to squeeze more profit$ out of us. Scamming sharks. They're more than happy to reap rediculous windfalls when it goes their way, but demand taxpayer assistance when markets tighten.
#freemarketsFTW!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Even with all the breakdowns, there is still more than enough capacity. The problem is generation companies refusing to turn appliances on, holding governments to ransom, to squeeze more profit$ out of us.
Not these days. AEMO will direct you on for grid security and pay you a lot less than running commercially.

Except they're all broken and not going to be fixed for quite a while #reliablefossilfuelslol
This is what the big issue is at the moment.

Problem being, they dont have enough solar or wind to take up the slack.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
or transmission and storage. stupid greenies, we need nice cheap nukes :)
3 weeks ago when we had 20°C days, sunny and windy... we had an abundance of generation.

This week, overcast, 10°C, breakdowns and now gas is being used by everyone for heating.

Would be a good start for the Gov to step in and split the gas market, domestic and export. Domestic served first with a 30 day strategic reserve. Domestic market priced according to cost of production and a reasonable profit. Not priced according to free market.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
Interesting.
10% of the supply has been withdrawn in the last week after AEMO put a price cap on.

If AEMO later direct these same suppliers to provide power then the suppliers get paid compensation.

Appears to be all 'legit' on both sides but not thought thru.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Appears to be all 'legit' on both sides but not thought thru.
Basically the rules of the NEM need some work to reflect the radically different state of the generation and distribution system, especially in light of the mayhem the last 9 years has caused...