Little Things You Hate

Minlak

custom titis
There is a company in NZ called Briscoes which has a permanent sale like that. Think they have now been done by CC for false advertising.
When I worked at Harvey Norman when there was a sale the savings on the sale had to be represented by the average sale price the item had been offered for over the life of the product - So a laptop that we sell for $999 but retails for $1499 if we always sold it at $999 we can only advertise normal price as $999 not the $1499 to be compliant with ACCC

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
yeah, not helping. do i pay up front, take which plan, do i need extra memory, is last years model good enough for the saving.

my s7 still works despite cracks on both sides, do i really need a new one?
If it still works for you then keep what you got. The killer for me is buggered battery life or a buggered charging port.

Pay up front and getting a 12 month prepaid from the likes of Boost almost always works out cheaper. See https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/704177

If you're happy with Android and don't need the latest and greatest the Xiaomi phones from Bangood or Amazon are very good value. I've got the Poco F3 which was $426 and it's been pretty good.

Just do some research on the net to figure out which model is right for you.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
We just switched from Telstra to Aldi Mobile - Family Plan $45 every 30 days we get Unlimited Calls and Text and 22GB of data each that we can share and each month unused data rolls over - Cheapest Telstra Plan we could do was $55 / month and about to be $58 / mth

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
We just switched from Telstra to Aldi Mobile - Family Plan $45 every 30 days we get Unlimited Calls and Text and 22GB of data each that we can share and each month unused data rolls over - Cheapest Telstra Plan we could do was $55 / month and about to be $58 / mth
Talk to JB hi-fi for Telstra deals, they can do better than Telstra themselves. I'm pretty sure I'm paying $45 for unlimited calls/SMS and some 100gb of 5g data (which is effectively unlimited given that I don't think I've gone much past 20 in a month before)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
Talk to JB hi-fi for Telstra deals, they can do better than Telstra themselves. I'm pretty sure I'm paying $45 for unlimited calls/SMS and some 100gb of 5g data (which is effectively unlimited given that I don't think I've gone much past 20 in a month before)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
We are paying $22.50 now on the Telstra Network and 22GB of Data is more data than we ever use - If we did use all the data its $3 for a 15GB top up

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
that might be a good choice with a decent battery size. if only someone would invent a decent current phone with a headphone jack. even mid range phones are missing them now
Mid range Samsung's or Oppos have them. No premium phones have it anymore. There is a USB 3.5mm jack dongles available.

Just hope that the USB jack doesn't pop out all of the time.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
If it still works for you then keep what you got. The killer for me is buggered battery life or a buggered charging port.
Worth considering. More more saved for bike bits :) Fresh battery, backup everything and a good old fashioned factory reset and restore would have to help.

Otherwise, old phones can be repurposed as security cameras using an app called Alfred or a handy TV remote etc.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Naild rear axles. Came loose on a maiden ride yesterday and f@cked if I could get it to lock back in. So did a 6.5km walk of shame. Even at home it isn't locating and there's nothing I can find on the net other than a operation manual. Amazingly, The Robert Axle Project do a replacement axle that is a simple thru threaded axle and Pushys have it so all is not lost....
Love the bike though. The Polygon Xquareone is an amazing beast. I completely forgot it was a 180mm bike with the way it climbs.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Naild rear axles. Came loose on a maiden ride yesterday and f@cked if I could get it to lock back in. So did a 6.5km walk of shame. Even at home it isn't locating and there's nothing I can find on the net other than a operation manual. Amazingly, The Robert Axle Project do a replacement axle that is a simple thru threaded axle and Pushys have it so all is not lost....
Love the bike though. The Polygon Xquareone is an amazing beast. I completely forgot it was a 180mm bike with the way it climbs.
The way it climbs as you walk along next to it ...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Which was the conjecture.

I get to replace several derailleur and hangers a year in this house.

Starts with a drop or crash, hanger bent... the angle of the derailleur cage is amplified towards the spokes the further you shift towards towards granny. Into grandma, cage in to spokes and wrap the lot around the wheel :(

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I've broken a few hangers this year, all the storms have left small debris on the trails and it either smashes into your shins or ends up going through the back wheel.
I have never in my life, broken a hanger of my own o_O

Fckn replaced dozens on a couple of other blokes I know's bikes.

(heading up for 10 days riding at the Melrose Fat Tyre Festival from tomorrow... ozzy jinxes himself with a bold statement made on Rotorburn and wraps a rear mech around his back wheel)

Flow-Rider

Burner
I have never in my life, broken a hanger of my own o_O

Fckn replaced dozens on a couple of other blokes I know's bikes.

(heading up for 10 days riding at the Melrose Fat Tyre Festival from tomorrow... ozzy jinxes himself with a bold statement made on Rotorburn and wraps a rear mech around his back wheel)
The hanger on the 2012 GT carbon zaskar breaks fairly easily, I've stopped buying the cheap Ali ones and went back to the CNC machined ones. On other bikes I've done none that I can remember of, they usually bend and you bend them back.

Just to piss me off on the last breakage, I was able to roll most of the way back down to the car and on one of the steep descents a large stick got caught in the back wheel, luckily I had kept the back brake locked when I heard the spoke noise or it would have ripped spokes out of the rim.

Last edited:

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
BOOM! fucking wankers...7.01am first lump of shit landing in the bottom of the skip bin across the lane. I wish I'd turned in a little earlier.
They have to start that early to make time for all their smoko, morning tea, lunch, arvo tea breaks and still knock off by 4pm!

LTIH: when the cashier (usually the younger ones) say “that’s just $5.50” . Drop the fucking ‘just’! It’s not necessary and with current prices and n most things, not ‘just’ified!