Little Things You Hate

Cleverly

Likes Bikes
Sooooooo - Was looking forward to getting back to riding in the very near future ANDDDDD - Multiple Degenerative tears in the medial meniscus - Anterior horn and body extruded with parameniscal cysts also projecting anteriorly from the transverse ligament - Moderate sixed joint effusion with Bakers cyst - Early osteoarthritic changes across medial tibiofemoral and patellofemoral joints - prepatellar bursitis

So may be a while before I ride again
Need a warranty deal on those lower limbs.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was thinking now we know how he finds the energy and motivation to always be cleaning - White Powder Power!

Some days a quick snort of Mr sheen is all it takes!

Made it through work without a repeat of the nose bleed. But fuck me I was irritable! Or I work surrounded by morons...I'm not sure which.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sooooooo - Was looking forward to getting back to riding in the very near future ANDDDDD - Multiple Degenerative tears in the medial meniscus - Anterior horn and body extruded with parameniscal cysts also projecting anteriorly from the transverse ligament - Moderate sixed joint effusion with Bakers cyst - Early osteoarthritic changes across medial tibiofemoral and patellofemoral joints - prepatellar bursitis

So may be a while before I ride again
Yeah but I had a nose bleed...

That sounds like a lot of shit piled up on you @Minlak ! Good luck working through the healing process. I miss seeing your joyful ride videos.

cammas

Seamstress
So go to do what I thought would be a quick oil change on the Mrs van, drain plug a little tight but it came off no issues move on to the oil filter different story. The car has an oil cooler sandwich plate on it but whoever did the last service didn’t know what they were doing, the oil filter was overtightened and the cooler was loose so what should’ve taken 20/30 minutes to about at least 90 minutes. Each time I tried to undo the filter the coolant lines would twist so ended up jamming a ratchet and screwdriver between it and the block so it wouldn’t move but then the oil was crushing each time I put force on it, as was stupidly tight. Eventually got it off, tightened up the oil cooler nut which was only finger tight then replaced the oil filter at the proper tension and topped it with oil. Next job is a new coil pack, leads and plugs, so hopefully none of this bullshit, especially with the plugs along the firewall.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This could be filed in the Fuckwits thread but i'll go here to start;

Early April I purchased some tickets to a concert, through Ticketek, for my partner to see a band in October.
Was a surprise birthday present, when she received them she was super stoked.

Fast forward half an hour and she realised there may be a clash with a family holiday that I didn't know dates for.
As the family holiday is with her side, that takes priority and my brilliant present is now a problem.

Go through the Ticketek automated refund system, don't qualify as it's not deemed a serious enough reason.

Go through the manual/email system and plead my case that I'd much rather be at the concert but a family holiday was booked and it's just bloody bad luck. This time, no response from Ticketek other than to say they will get back to me. Tried a few more times over 3-4 weeks and eventually gave up.

Finally, listed the tickets for sale through Ticketek's online marketplace last week. Didn't think anything would happen but i'm $200 down for a gig I can't attend, it's worth a shot.

This morning I get an email notification to say that the tickets have sold, congratulations, blah blah blah.
Genuinely pretty happy they sold.
Continue on reading the email and Ticketek state, per their T&C's which I didn't read, that the money will be given to me 10 days after the event and then I may need to allow additional time for my bank to process.

So I am glad the rollercoaster is almost over, but on what planet do Ticketek need to hold my money, as well as the new purchasers money, until 10 days after the gig in October?

Ticketek, you are not my friend today.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This could be filed in the Fuckwits thread but i'll go here to start;

Early April I purchased some tickets to a concert, through Ticketek, for my partner in to see a band in October.
Was a surprise birthday present, when she received them she was super stoked.

Fast forward half an hour and she realised there may be a clash with a family holiday that I didn't know dates for.
As the family holiday is with her side, that takes priority and my brilliant present is now a problem.

Go through the Ticketek automated refund system, don't qualify as it's not deemed a serious enough reason.

Go through the manual/email system and plead my case that I'd much rather be at the concert but a family holiday was booked and it's just bloody bad luck. This time, no response from Ticketek other than to say they will get back to me. Tried a few more times over 3-4 weeks and eventually gave up.

Finally, listed the tickets for sale through Ticketek's online marketplace last week. Didn't think anything would happen but i'm $200 down for a gig I can't attend, it's worth a shot.

This morning I get an email notification to say that the tickets have sold, congratulations, blah blah blah.
Genuinely pretty happy they sold.
Continue on reading the email and Ticketek state, per their T&C's which I didn't read, that the money will be given to me 10 days after the event and then I may need to allow additional time for my bank to process.

So I am glad the rollercoaster is almost over, but on what planet do Ticketek need to hold my money, as well as the new purchasers money, until 10 days after the gig in October?

Ticketek, you are not my friend today.
I reckon that term might pass as unconscionable conduct. Flick the ACCC an email.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Cleverly

Likes Bikes
https://marketplace.ticketek.com.au/info/sellerfaq said:
When can I expect my payment?
You will receive payment within ten business days after the event has occurred. We withhold payment to ensure there are no issues with the tickets or the event.
Payment will be made into the bank account you have provided. Please check that all your account details are correct to ensure you receive payment. Ticketek Marketplace will not be liable for any incorrect payments made due to the wrong bank details given in the seller’s profile.
If you haven’t received your payment within 10 business days, please check with your bank first that there are no pending payments before submitting a request.
Clearly in the T&C's. ACCC is likely to just give a "read the manual" response.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Clearly in the T&C's. ACCC is likely to just give a "read the manual" response.
Unconscionable conduct includes unconscionable contract terms. You can't contract out legal obligations.

There's actually a lot of case law around bullshit contract terms both under common law and consumer Law.

Anyway an email to the ACCC is costless and they love spanking Ticketek and Ticketmaster.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Enrolled in compulsory first aid course for work, on Wednesday. Apparently it is really important to have it all of a sudden. The course goes for a whole day...suddenly I have to do a bunch of shit for the course before attending??? Then why have he course arseholes??? Why have the course?

Oddjob

We may have a different opinion of what constitutes "unconscionable".
True. But holding someone's money essentially in escrow way longer than necessary won't pass a reasonableness test. If I was a proper lawyer and not a fat lazy economist with some commercial law training I could probably point you to some case law.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
They earn money on funds held. Like Shittylink toll roads in Melbourne required you to have a minimum balance of $40 or something. Times that by a million account holders…

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bowel obstruction is my new least favourite and most painful thing ever.

But grateful for a healthcare system that i can rock up to late on a sunday night and not have to wonder if i can afford it
I hope there is at least an hilarious story to this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well the surgeon who cut out my bowel cancer 6 years ago just commented that i couldn't stay away. Seems scar tissue from that can cause this at any time. Finished my followup visits at the cancer clinic a month ago. Got covid. Then this. Maybe i just have a thing for hosptials
Sounds like a series of unfortunate events...I think there could be a movie in this with an 80s style feel good happy ending that spreads a message of some sort. Just need a theme song for the ending scene where your silhouette fist pumps the air in the carpark of a health food store with a bag full of organic leady green fibre rich veggies...then the bag bursts and your groceries spill out all over the ground. You go any song suggestions?