Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Enjoy all. We’re out. Wife tested positive last night. Stumbled at the last hurdle.

Well that really sucks for you guys @moorey . I can somewhat relate. Hopefully you can find another chance to put all the prep to work. I'm jealous that you'll be able to get out on your trails while on isolation. I'm well sick of "hiking" up and down my stairs already.

(Posted here because I didn't want to clag up a on topic thread).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
LTIH: getting sick, been tested for Covid not that, I guess I’m just regular sick

Nothing worse than nice weather for riding, soft soil in the garden after the rain and I’m struggling to get my arse out of bed or move around the house :rolleyes:
Want me to swing by with covid and no symptoms? We can balance each other out

cammas

Seamstress
Want me to swing by with covid and no symptoms? We can balance each other out
Thanks for the offer but my daughter had COVID and I still didn’t get it, we did lock her in garage* for a week like the good parents we are.

* The garage is decked out with carpet, ducted heating and cooling with her own fridge, she actually lives in there because a bedroom in the house isn’t good enough and can’t afford to move out :rolleyes:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks for the offer but my daughter had COVID and I still didn’t get it, we did lock her in garage* for a week like the good parents we are.

* The garage is decked out with carpet, ducted heating and cooling with her own fridge, she actually lives in there because a bedroom in the house isn’t good enough and can’t afford to move out :rolleyes:
You really weren't trying.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
NPWS seems to have bulldozed a good part of the oaks singletrack. they'd only a couple of years ago extended it in a section with trail features, the original but was just a nice twisty trail with a few roots, nothing you'd call features. which made it perfect as an introduction to bike handling and fun at whatever speed you were comfortable with

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
NPWS seems to have bulldozed a good part of the oaks singletrack. they'd only a couple of years ago extended it in a section with trail features, the original but was just a nice twisty trail with a few roots, nothing you'd call features. which made it perfect as an introduction to bike handling and fun at whatever speed you were comfortable with
I saw that mentioned on FB also but haven't seen the recent damage personally. They NPWS have been smoothing out the Oaks since the time I've starting riding MTB's. The Oaks used to be fun when it was more looser and choppy in parts like BMX hill and Red Wire, particularly on older bikes. It has never been a technically hard trail but the incessant grading year after year has dumbed it down even more. Why the ST needed to have a grader put through it is anyone's guess - the only bit that you could call remotely nasty would be the small hump at the end of the first bit of ST that crosses Red Hands fire trail and it would still be a big stretch to call that bit dangerous.

The section on the ST just after the picnic area was getting pretty chopped up but still ridable. The Oaks has been the victim of it own success being the default Blue Mt's trail for many for long time.

I liked the old Little Moab and still remember it pretty well. The new and improved one is fun and I have warmed to it but it is more swoopy and flow friendly that the older one IMHO. They removed all of the loose little rocks that were a hoot when you slip and lose traction particularly at the end near the first car park and smoothed it up which s^&ts me to tears.

I think the NPWS up there just grade the trails as it is seen as the thing that needs to be done regardless if it needs it or now. The Fire Truck that they have a biggish 4WD appliances and sure as hell won't be stopped by anything that the Oaks has ever had to offer.

St Helena's off the main fire trail might be more fun being ST sized with some chunky bits and usually much less traffic.
A nice shoes-off stream crossing and dash across the train line at the end FTW :D

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They NPWS have been smoothing out the Oaks since the time I've starting riding MTB's.
Some of the steeper downs on the fire trail used to be fun and koose with small melon rocks but theyre often graded to be suitable for road bikes. I can only think this is busy work to use up the budget. environmentally you cant justify this. The trails been there 30+ years and hasnt grown wider or washed away. the singletrack was a rough but pretty flat trail just from use.

moorey

call me Mia
Well, Demi Moore doesn't look so much like Demi Moore these days unfortunately but mixing up with Moorey is a bigger leap.

Getting Demi Moore mixed up with @moorey certainly could happen in an old school paper phone book though.
Craig Moore would be right on top of Demi Moore solely due to 'C' then 'D' alphabetical order, of course.
Only difference between Demi and I is that her nipples don’t bleed on long rides.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Some of the steeper downs on the fire trail used to be fun and koose with small melon rocks but theyre often graded to be suitable for road bikes. I can only think this is busy work to use up the budget. environmentally you cant justify this. The trails been there 30+ years and hasnt grown wider or washed away. the singletrack was a rough but pretty flat trail just from use.
Agreed. IT seems like a lot of effort for no real gain.

I did my first few MTB's rides long ago on a full rigid with 1.95 tyres and canti brakes on the Oaks. Of course, we rode up and not down since we had no idea of the right direction :rolleyes: It didn't kill us then and given that bikes are now wagon wheeled monster trucks with pedals then it sure isn't going to be any harder. I guess someone in the NPWS doesn't want to be the person that says 'No, we didn't grade the fire trails this year before fire season'.

The NPWS seems to have periods of going nuts with a grader. They also handily removed much of the flat plate rocks that were on Narrow Neck. The last section towards the lookout was very skatey and lots 'o fun and now just isn't as fun as it used to be. It is a shame but them, like most of the NP management in many areas, have had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the fact that people actually like to pedal around in the National Parks. They sure don't grade them for any bikers or hikers IMHO.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Only difference between Demi and I is that her nipples don’t bleed on long rides.
Well, there you go. You must have quite a set of tar tars , not that there's anything wrong with that.

We should be careful not to offend Demi as she might be a distant relative that could get upset with you once she finds out.

cammas

Seamstress
As per my previous post I’m crook with some sort of viral infection so I’m a grumpy prick atm, as per some of my other posts I’ve been redoing my garden.
So when I was woken up this morning to the sound of a van reversing in my driveway it was not a good start to the day, I have a look at what’s going on. Last week we received a letter in the mail saying “drain inspection are occurring and you may see people around but more than likely you won’t even notice as there should be no disturbance to you”
So this is what I woke to

Nope didn’t even notice :mad:
So as I laid in bed and watched these fuckers in my yard, like I said I’m crook and grumpy. Temperature needle was already heading to the red but as I watched them stomp all over my newly planted garden and let the heavy hose drag across the plants (which are a meter apart so plenty of room) that was it!
I walked out and politely unleashed my inner Karen, “Mate I know you think we are not home but I’ve been watching you (as I point to my Ring camera that looks like a sensor light), we have children coming shortly and your blocking the driveway. I have also seen you walking all over the garden dragging the hose over plants”
His response “do you want to move the van?”
Seriously?
So after our little conversation he moved the van then they made sure they held up the hose but it was too late the damage was done. After they left I went and inspected what was damaged, our new magnolias were crushed and broken. Mrs Cammas gave their boss a call (I’m still too pissed and she’s polite) and he too was disappointed with their behaviour especially when after I spoke to them the swearing and carry on that occurred. He will now be coming out to inspect the damage.

Anyway I’ve had my vent here’s some photos of the damage and the room they had.

Flow-Rider

Burner
As per my previous post I’m crook with some sort of viral infection so I’m a grumpy prick atm, as per some of my other posts I’ve been redoing my garden.
So when I was woken up this morning to the sound of a van reversing in my driveway it was not a good start to the day, I have a look at what’s going on. Last week we received a letter in the mail saying “drain inspection are occurring and you may see people around but more than likely you won’t even notice as there should be no disturbance to you”
So this is what I woke to
View attachment 385622
Nope didn’t even notice :mad:
So as I laid in bed and watched these fuckers in my yard, like I said I’m crook and grumpy. Temperature needle was already heading to the red but as I watched them stomp all over my newly planted garden and let the heavy hose drag across the plants (which are a meter apart so plenty of room) that was it!
I walked out and politely unleashed my inner Karen, “Mate I know you think we are not home but I’ve been watching you (as I point to my Ring camera that looks like a sensor light), we have children coming shortly and your blocking the driveway. I have also seen you walking all over the garden dragging the hose over plants”
His response “do you want to move the van?”
Seriously?
So after our little conversation he moved the van then they made sure they held up the hose but it was too late the damage was done. After they left I went and inspected what was damaged, our new magnolias were crushed and broken. Mrs Cammas gave their boss a call (I’m still too pissed and she’s polite) and he too was disappointed with their behaviour especially when after I spoke to them the swearing and carry on that occurred. He will now be coming out to inspect the damage.

Anyway I’ve had my vent here’s some photos of the damage and the room they had.
View attachment 385625
View attachment 385626
View attachment 385629View attachment 385628
Fkn wankers, some people have little respect these days.

It's like my neighbour when I mow our lawn. I usually do both footpaths because they just let it grow to half a meter, he sees me mowing and pulls up in the driveway and tells me that he was going to do that. Yeah, right, I've mowed 3 times to his once and I bet he won't mow until the real estate get onto him.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Fkn wankers, some people have little respect these days.

It's like my neighbour when I mow our lawn. I usually do both footpaths because they just let it grow to half a meter, he sees me mowing and pulls up in the driveway and tells me that he was going to do that. Yeah, right, I've mowed 3 times to his once and I bet he won't mow until the real estate get onto him.
I do my neighbours only because id feel like a wanker working out where the line is and only doing half... Feels like less effort to just push the mower to the end.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I do my neighbours only because id feel like a wanker working out where the line is and only doing half... Feels like less effort to just push the mower to the end.
Been there and done that, do it once and they expect it all the time. I've got over 1 acre to mow as it is with an undersized and prehistoric ride-on.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Been there and done that, do it once and they expect it all the time. I've got over 1 acre to mow as it is with an undersized and prehistoric ride-on.
Mine is a pissy amount of grass, so really don't care. My last neighbour was a really nice guy and every now and then Id come home and he'd have done my front lawn too! And done a much better job then I ever did... New neighbours I doubt have even noticed, but whatever.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I am that neighbour! Or was when I had grass. I've got about zero fucks for lawn maintenance, and spent my time doing things that interest me. One of my old neighbours clearly cared more about lawn than living so he used to mow the front for me. Imagine such vanity!
Its mostly an excuse to play with power tools for half an hour and not get roped into doing the dusting...