Little Things You Hate

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Heard some interesting stuff on a POD cast the other day about "Social Credit Score" - essentially the basis is you are rewarded for your social presence and beliefs with things like better interest rates on loans etc - Access to certain events and activities if you have a good social credit score - these are determined by your social media accounts - this is becoming main stream in the USA it seems - gathering momentum - the new fear is it will take a turn in the direction of the China social credit scores.
That is horrifying. I'm all about only talking and promoting good vibes on social media but not to a point that it is fake. That's wild.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Heard some interesting stuff on a POD cast the other day about "Social Credit Score" - essentially the basis is you are rewarded for your social presence and beliefs with things like better interest rates on loans etc - Access to certain events and activities if you have a good social credit score - these are determined by your social media accounts - this is becoming main stream in the USA it seems - gathering momentum - the new fear is it will take a turn in the direction of the China social credit scores.

I don't celebrate Australia Day - that was just our family and upbringing no importance put on it at all - but there does seem to be a ground swell of support for erasing the past and or holding people accountable - Personally the state of Australia should be judged on what we are doing now - not what happened over 200 years ago.
Fuck. I get zero. Too bad, so sad.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I think having some pride in your country - where you live, work, play etc. is ok. To me it's not a binary thing where you're choosing a side based on the totality of all past events good and bad. Not the same as Nationalism, or pushing one majority agenda for the country above all others.

Someone mentioned the critique of being proud of something you didn't do (the George Carlin piece). I disagree. I think you can be proud of others, perhaps even a country, because of your associations with them. I'm proud of things my grandparents and parents have achieved in their lives. I'm proud of what my kids do (most of the time).

It doesn't mean that you ignore or forget all the bad things they might have done or poor choices they made. In fact, one could argue that if you can't be proud of things you didn't do, you also can't be ashamed of things you didn't do either. But I think it's more complicated than that.

I think a lot of our conflict about celebrating Australia Day comes from the feeling that we haven't acknowledged the bad side of our past as a country. That it's ignored or glossed over.

I'm not sure what this acknowledgement needs to look like, but I hope we get there one day.

Minlak

custom titis
Why is Dental stuff so expensive? - It seems disproportionate to what is needed to be done or the equipment needed to complete it - is it a classist thing? Is that why most dental has no medicate coverage? - sure you can go to the dentist at the hospital but only with a health care card and it currently sits at a 4yr wait in our region.

moorey

call me Mia
Why is Dental stuff so expensive? - It seems disproportionate to what is needed to be done or the equipment needed to complete it - is it a classist thing? Is that why most dental has no medicate coverage? - sure you can go to the dentist at the hospital but only with a health care card and it currently sits at a 4yr wait in our region.
You’re an anitdentite.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You got teef?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Why is Dental stuff so expensive?
#1 son fell knocked some baby teeth out about 10yrs ago, this has caused about 3-4 his adult teeth to not grow exactly straight.

In our day, no one would have given a shit but we went and got him braces fitted about a week ago... blanket $7.5K procedure.

That's why they ride brand new 25K Cipollini's.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I get them almost every day
I will guess that is more flubot spam. Obscured text with additional spaces and a dodgy Call to Action URL to lead you to the nasty app payload. Good thing that these are ending up in your spam folder.

Most telcos should have ways to drop these before they reach you. They will always evolve to try to avoid detection, just like Covid :oops:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Hang on a sec. Is this dental work a workplace injury? If it's hobo servicing related then money is no concerns, that's a compo matter!

Minlak

custom titis
Hang on a sec. Is this dental work a workplace injury? If it's hobo servicing related then money is no concerns, that's a compo matter!
He chose to have all his teeth removed, it wasn’t a requirement.
I get $25 with teeth missing - Workers comp doesn't pay for improvements in service - Same as I cant claim meal allowances as I am already being fed on the job.