Little Things You Hate

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I wonder if it has something to do with certain areas where native animals feed on them, I was told years ago by a land manager not to remove Lantana if it has native animals nesting in it.
Yeah it's an interesting one. Could be just another case of different state, different rules, for the most part.

I remember years ago when the Murray had a major flood and a whole bunch of backwaters filled up for a while then receded really fast, the only fish caught out by the fast receding waters were carp. All the native fish knew what was up and "got the fuck out of dodge" before they were left high and dry.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Might be soft wording to pacify those who could be unsettled by a government mandate to kill a specific animal. While not as cute as the brumby, the idea of culling them hurt a lot of butts.

Why am I here? Oh...yes that's it! Today just keeps on giving! I got home a bit before 1 after sitting by the harbour for an hour is so after work and Shit posting on here. I brush my teeth, take a shit, drink some electrolytes, pour out a rum and stand on my balcony nude enjoying the very early stages of rain that was meant to arrive at 5 (just after I kicked open the bar for an indoor outdoor event!) but never turned up when I heard a noise...I saw some movement...a fence...a gate...is that some cunt breaking into my neighbours' yard? Fuck me I'm going to need some pants for this! Oh wait...it's the fucking hipsters' dog. Well in going to need pants for that too and probably a shirt.

The little fucker!!! No idea how it got out as the yard seems very secure and he hated me. Snarls...growls...runs off...but clearly distressed. There is a major road not far off and I would hate for him to get squished so I persist and adapt. Back into the house and the closest thing I have to treats are funny bears and cheese (2 of my last dogs favourite things). 20 fucking minutes of working on him throwing tiny bits of them to him and very slowly getting him close and closer and lucky I had some old shoe laces in the garage to use as a make shift leash! While he is busy snarfing down my gummy bears and 24 month aged cheddar I slip a lace under his collar and the game is over.

Walk around to their front door and I figure lights are all out I better give them the thunder knock...the one that makes my friends think the cops have arrived...the one that makes super gran thinks God has come for a visit...on the wrong house. I knock on the bogan house of middle aged women who do not like me. Eventually I see some lights go on then off, guess they figure it was their imagination and just fuck off back to bed. I am about to really lay into the door frame when I realised I'm at the wrong house.

Ok right house now and I give it!!!! It knocked so hard the next house along came to their door! I know you think I am exaggerating but I'm not, and the house are terraced. Anyway eventually the blinds open and a hipster peers out...I really should have put on a coloured shirt because door knocking in all black at 1am doesn't give a good first impression. I hold the dog up...visible confusion but the door opens.

Anyway a confused (who wouldn't be?) man gladly receives his dog back, tries some pokie conversation but is in that dream sleep phase, and I bid him farewell and walk off into the distance. Of course I then get home and can't hear their other dog in the yard as one might expect. They sent normally noisy dogs so maybe I'm just paranoid? Who knows...but I then go for a walk around the 'hood and up the busy road median strip just to make sure the other dog isn't out and about.

And I fucking know their kids are going to be up early having fun while I'm trying to sleep.

Dogs really are the best people.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Might be soft wording to pacify those who could be unsettled by a government mandate to kill a specific animal. While not as cute as the brumby, the idea of culling them hurt a lot of butts.

Why am I here? Oh...yes that's it! Today just keeps on giving! I got home a bit before 1 after sitting by the harbour for an hour is so after work and Shit posting on here. I brush my teeth, take a shit, drink some electrolytes, pour out a rum and stand on my balcony nude enjoying the very early stages of rain that was meant to arrive at 5 (just after I kicked open the bar for an indoor outdoor event!) but never turned up when I heard a noise...I saw some movement...a fence...a gate...is that some cunt breaking into my neighbours' yard? Fuck me I'm going to need some pants for this! Oh wait...it's the fucking hipsters' dog. Well in going to need pants for that too and probably a shirt.

The little fucker!!! No idea how it got out as the yard seems very secure and he hated me. Snarls...growls...runs off...but clearly distressed. There is a major road not far off and I would hate for him to get squished so I persist and adapt. Back into the house and the closest thing I have to treats are funny bears and cheese (2 of my last dogs favourite things). 20 fucking minutes of working on him throwing tiny bits of them to him and very slowly getting him close and closer and lucky I had some old shoe laces in the garage to use as a make shift leash! While he is busy snarfing down my gummy bears and 24 month aged cheddar I slip a lace under his collar and the game is over.

Walk around to their front door and I figure lights are all out I better give them the thunder knock...the one that makes my friends think the cops have arrived...the one that makes super gran thinks God has come for a visit...on the wrong house. I knock on the bogan house of middle aged women who do not like me. Eventually I see some lights go on then off, guess they figure it was their imagination and just fuck off back to bed. I am about to really lay into the door frame when I realised I'm at the wrong house.

Ok right house now and I give it!!!! It knocked so hard the next house along came to their door! I know you think I am exaggerating but I'm not, and the house are terraced. Anyway eventually the blinds open and a hipster peers out...I really should have put on a coloured shirt because door knocking in all black at 1am doesn't give a good first impression. I hold the dog up...visible confusion but the door opens.

Anyway a confused (who wouldn't be?) man gladly receives his dog back, tries some pokie conversation but is in that dream sleep phase, and I bid him farewell and walk off into the distance. Of course I then get home and can't hear their other dog in the yard as one might expect. They sent normally noisy dogs so maybe I'm just paranoid? Who knows...but I then go for a walk around the 'hood and up the busy road median strip just to make sure the other dog isn't out and about.

And I fucking know their kids are going to be up early having fun while I'm trying to sleep.

Dogs really are the best people.
You should be thankful they don't have cats...

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
When we used to live along the Darling in drought, the carp were a useful way to keep my eye in with the .22. And the garden well fed despite the salty water...

Lucaw

Next in line
LTIH: chain reaction warranty
Sent the dropper on the craftworks works back on the 27 of October after it began getting stuck in the open position and sagging. The tracking shows it’s still in transit :mad:. By the time I get it back it will be out of warranty and I’ll have to ride St. Helens and derby with a fixed seat post. Not the end of the world, but highly annoying.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Shouldn't that be LTIH: postage delays?

Speaking of postage delays, WTF is going on with you Victorians and mail? MTB Direct order from 25 Nov hasn't moved in Aus post's system since 'received for processing' on that day and had said 'Delayed - waiting to be processed' since 3 Dec.

Minlak

custom titis
My missus forgot my birthday this year - that’s some useful credit points for me to cash in for a short while :)
I bought home flowers / chocolates and cooked dinner for our anniversary and she had completely forgotten - Never let her off the hook by telling her good old FaceBook threw up a memory of us moving into our house and that's the same day we got married - Otherwise I would not have known either.

Minlak

custom titis
Sent the dropper on the craftworks works back on the 27 of October after it began getting stuck in the open position and sagging. The tracking shows it’s still in transit :mad:. By the time I get it back it will be out of warranty and I’ll have to ride St. Helens and derby with a fixed seat post. Not the end of the world, but highly annoying.
Did they repair or replace the post ? - Also warranty can be argued for when the item has been away too long - Many companies I dealt with would extend warranty to match repair / freight times if they were long.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Enter @moorey ....
Surely your spider senses are tingling.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Shouldn't that be LTIH: postage delays?

I thought they offered a local return for incidents like this?

I wouldn't worry too much @Lucaw. It is highly likely they will honour your postage date if it is within the warranty period. Have you contacted them? I have found them to be very good at replying to my inquires and offering acceptable solutions when there is a problem.