Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Slowly crawling home from work and I feel it is time for someone to make me a coffee! So I'm sitting on one of the busier cafe strips around here (Beaumont st for those playing along at home) and fuck me! This place was not ready for the influx of people that must have been here over the last couple of freedom days! I don't mean over crowded cafes and lines of people, there isn't much of a crowd around here at the moment. But the bins!!! Holy fucking shit balls!!! The street absolutely reeks of rotting filth. The bins are hard full and the council won't be through here for a few days yet.

Also fuck this wind.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
LTIH: Stupid injuries that could have been avoided.

Took 2 weeks off between jobs, I figured I could spend the first week finishing up some jobs that needed doing around the house and the second week would be all mine for some long overdue riding.

I finished the shittiest first job in week 1: re-attaching all the frames & palings between stumps under the house after some re-stumping. Concrete drilling in 900mm head height areas and nailing palings upside down in the dirt is backbreaking horrible work. But I had it done by Tuesday and I was happy.

Tuesday night: Get home from a quick outing with the kids and think that I should probably move the 4 hardwood sleepers off the grass out the front (next job replace the wrecked garden edging) so that they don't kill the grass too. We finally got some rain so it was looking like the grass would recover. Sleeper number 1 I'm a total klutz with and it slips and falls on my toe. Can confirm that safety Birkenstocks are not safe.

My toe is fucked. I could barely walk for 2 days and now it's swollen and leaking out from under the nail all the time, the nail that's definitely falling off soon. All I want to do is get the damn thing in a shoe so I can ride a bike, days are a wasting. Naturally walking weirdly for 3 days following all that under-house work has fked my back up too, so I've got to deal with that too.

Wear your PPE people, even minor injuries are still a giant pain in the arse.

Minlak

custom titis
Took 2 weeks off between jobs, I figured I could spend the first week finishing up some jobs that needed doing around the house and the second week would be all mine for some long overdue riding.

I finished the shittiest first job in week 1: re-attaching all the frames & palings between stumps under the house after some re-stumping. Concrete drilling in 900mm head height areas and nailing palings upside down in the dirt is backbreaking horrible work. But I had it done by Tuesday and I was happy.

Tuesday night: Get home from a quick outing with the kids and think that I should probably move the 4 hardwood sleepers off the grass out the front (next job replace the wrecked garden edging) so that they don't kill the grass too. We finally got some rain so it was looking like the grass would recover. Sleeper number 1 I'm a total klutz with and it slips and falls on my toe. Can confirm that safety Birkenstocks are not safe.

My toe is fucked. I could barely walk for 2 days and now it's swollen and leaking out from under the nail all the time, the nail that's definitely falling off soon. All I want to do is get the damn thing in a shoe so I can ride a bike, days are a wasting. Naturally walking weirdly for 3 days following all that under-house work has fked my back up too, so I've got to deal with that too.

Wear your PPE people, even minor injuries are still a giant pain in the arse.
Did you pierce the nail? - Seriously I almost lost my toe in a crush accident - I was in agony for 4 days finally went to the doctor he heated up a paper clip and pierced the nail - blood shot across the room - instant relief - nail fell off so much quicker too.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Did you pierce the nail? - Seriously I almost lost my toe in a crush accident - I was in agony for 4 days finally went to the doctor he heated up a paper clip and pierced the nail - blood shot across the room - instant relief - nail fell off so much quicker too.
No need, it cracked down one side and got hit well enough that all the fluid & blood is leaking out anyway. Once I figured that out and drained it, it got much better. Until then the pain was unbearable, now it's just an inconvenience. I'm hopeful that by Monday I'll be able to wrap it up a bit and jam it in a shoe for a quick ride.

Flow-Rider

Burner
LTIH: Stupid injuries that could have been avoided.

These things here make the job a lot easier, they're made for clouts but if you're careful enough you can do most jobs.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/bostitch-mini-impact-nailer_p6270219

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Mtb fashion.

wtf is this shit. If you’re engaging in this smack talk at the trails, all it tells me is that ur a fucking kook and you’ll probably lay down $400 for the latest rapha kit and still bitch out of hitting a double the kids are doing on their 2014 giant reign.

no one gives a fuck.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Mtb fashion.

wtf is this shit. If you’re engaging in this smack talk at the trails, all it tells me is that ur a fucking kook and you’ll probably lay down $400 for the latest rapha kit and still bitch out of hitting a double the kids are doing on their 2014 giant reign.

no one gives a fuck.
The comment in that tread that really got me was this one... I think the dude is serious too!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Mtb fashion.

View attachment 381753

no one gives a fuck.
That gave me a good laugh this morning

Big sunnies like this are dumb lol.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Mtb fashion.

View attachment 381753

no one gives a fuck.
Is a gap like that cool on a bike? On snow being a gaper is very lame.