Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
He’s running the Bergtec ring which runs 11 and 12 nicely…because I wanted the DM ring on his Boost XT cranks. I believe this will all run smoothly…
It may very well work, it was @Duckmeister who got me onto it and there are a load of online issues... even with new manufacturer supplied bikes developing chainsuck after 50-100km of riding due to the Shimano 12spd chain.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
FML. Decided to jump on to 12sp Shimano for Felix finally. I haven’t really bought any drivetrain for 18-24 months, relying on 11sp spare and stockpile.
I know there’s shortages, but jumped online, assuming someone would have an XT 10-51 cassette and a shifter….
Probably belongs in the fuckwit thread it seems.

What could go wrong...?

moorey

call me Mia
It may very well work, it was @Duckmeister who got me onto it and there are a load of online issues... even with new manufacturer supplied bikes developing chainsuck after 50-100km of riding due to the Shimano 12spd chain.
From what I understand, if using shimano 12x ring, you have to use shimano chain. I THINK the Shimano chain is ok on the burgtec, but you’ve got me worried now…

bear the bear

Is a real bear
My Cannondale came with a Hollowgram spider-ring.
When test riding the bike I mentioned to shop that the drive train felt rough.
It was only after buying the bike and looking at it in the stand I worked out that it was the Cannondale chainring and the 12spd chain not playing nice together

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
From what I understand, if using shimano 12x ring, you have to use shimano chain. I THINK the Shimano chain is ok on the burgtec, but you’ve got me worried now…
Just use a non Shimano 12spd chain if it gets sucky.

I believe a non Shimano chain will work on the Shimano 12spd rings.
The chain plates shape/tolerances of the 12spd Shimano chain grab on other brands W/N teeth and don't release.

moorey

call me Mia

The chain plates shape/toleranceces on the Shimano chain grab on other brands W/N teeth and don't release.
I think I’ll order one just in case, though I’m positive the Burgtec ring is spec’d on new 12sp shimano equipped bikes from ORBO.

bear the bear

Is a real bear

The chain plates shape/tolerances of the 12spd Shimano chain grab on other brands W/N teeth and don't release.
Wolftooth 12spd chainrings work with Shimano chains, can't comment on others

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
What cranks are you running on Felix's bikes @moorey? My memory of 12sp Shimano is that the chain is narrower, as well as the extended inner plates. Burgtec's direct-mount Shimano chainrings should be fine for 12sp, but would've though the narrow-wide wouldn't have been doing much for retention on a 10/11sp setup...

moorey

call me Mia
What cranks are you running on Felix's bikes @moorey? My memory of 12sp Shimano is that the chain is narrower, as well as the extended inner plates. Burgtec's direct-mount Shimano chainrings should be fine for 12sp, but would've though the narrow-wide wouldn't have been doing much for retention on a 10/11sp setup...
Current model DM shimano XT cranks with DM Bergtec boost 11/12sp ring.
Bought because wanted DM boost on 11sp, and knew the ring works perfectly with 11sp chain.

beeb

Current model DM shimano XT cranks with DM Bergtec boost 11/12sp ring.
Bought because wanted DM boost on 11sp, and knew the ring works perfectly with 11sp chain.
I get that it'll go on, but is the chain not super loose (as in, not lightly dragging on the side-plates as narrow-wide is intended to)?

I hung a HG701 11sp chain on Shimano 12sp chainrings, and it was super-loose. I ran it (briefly) on a single-speed setup where chain retention wasn't an issue and it was fine. But tried installing 12sp chain on an 11sp WolfTooth chainring and it wasn't going to happen. I know about the longer inner plates - but I busted out the verniers, an even if the 12sp chain didn't have the extended plates there was no way it would've gone on (Except for @Ultra Lord's favourite tapomometer technique).

moorey

call me Mia
Chain has been fine. Never loose, never dropped. He’s only running a top guide, it’s all the Rail will take. Rides hard, raced it both Enduro and DH events, no rattle or drop…

beeb

Delivery drivers that can't go to the right address.

It's a huge site here - something like 170 people on site - with offices, a warehouse and ~100 workshop bays - so people often get a bit lost. It's a little tedious, but I get it.

He's driven past out our service department, main reception, and receiving/dispatch warehouse and come across my office.

"Hi, I've got a delivery for the service department" (Literally the first thing he drove past)

I have a look at his delivery form to see who it's addressed to so I can direct him accordingly.

"Ah, there's your problem mate - you're looking for number 320-328 (street number), we're 392".

He gives me a look of disgust, and ambles back to his truck.

(My brain) FFS, you had one job Mr. Delivery-man, one job... :rolleyes:

Last edited: