Little Things You Hate

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
It's about 5 years old but it's hardly been used, I just ordered the part tonight. We're in a world where we are trying to reduce waste, I doubt the repair would have been economical if I had got service people out at $133/hr.
That's the thing though, you don't live in a world where reduction of waste is a priority. We're consumers, and profits are made on our consumption. If we can be convinced that a replacement is better than a repair more profits are made.

Capitalism is the best

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
That's the thing though, you don't live in a world where reduction of waste is a priority. We're consumers, and profits are made on our consumption. If we can be convinced that a replacement is better than a repair more profits are made.

Capitalism is the best

This is how I feel about our washing machine right now. Pump died one month out of a 2 year warranty and Euromaid are being dicks about it.

Our Samsung dishwasher died not long out of warranty too, but they honoured warranty because it was a known issue with condensation getting into the control panel.

Edit: Westinghouse fridge still going strong after 15 years. Have needed to replace the light bulb for about 8 or 9 years but whatever, I can see what's in there well enough!

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I meant you have to be a damn good welder to do it in a way that wont introduce heat related issues and have it as strong (or preferably stronger) than it used to be. I'm only passably ok with a MIG on steel, but I know enough to know its way beyond my skill set to do something like that and beyond most basic welders.
The skill of the welder is irrelevant; it is impossible to avoid heat-related issues when working with a process that is fundamentally based on very high temperature! Aluminium is particularly sensitive to heat-induced stress. In some alloys it can be largely ironed out by baking (heat treating) the entire component, but others become so brittle, even after baking that they're essentially unweldable.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Douche bags like this guy...orders takeaway coffee and then takes a chair from a table to sit on while waiting...with said chair jammed up against a perfectly comfortable bench.

IMG_20210605_094517591~2.jpg

And holy shit is he a bad driver! Just watched him leave and perform a very unusual 6 point turn on a very wide street that required a bunch of cars to stop and watch him.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

Capitalism is the best

People give the arms industry a hard time but people are still finding functionable landmines and unexploded bombs from as far back as World War 2 and I never hear of any of the Mexican drug cartels complaining about faulty Ak-47's.

We should maybe take a leaf out of their book!

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Given I’m stuck riding endless tarmac laps in Melbourne’s lock down, this one in particular gets me - the dude who is too good to run on the perfectly good walking or running track, and has to run in the bike lane on the road. Might be a coincidence but they seem to like wearing visors and corporate triathlon tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
View attachment 376185

This is how I feel about our washing machine right now. Pump died one month out of a 2 year warranty and Euromaid are being dicks about it.

Our Samsung dishwasher died not long out of warranty too, but they honoured warranty because it was a known issue with condensation getting into the control panel.

Edit: Westinghouse fridge still going strong after 15 years. Have needed to replace the light bulb for about 8 or 9 years but whatever, I can see what's in there well enough!
I hear you.

My mum has a freezer that has been going for about 43 years now. Never been turned off for long and it stills motoring on.

I had a Fisher and Paykel washing machine that worked fine until the control module died. It is common problem few hundred to fix. Did it once and then the next control module died.

Now have a Whirlpool commercial series USA made washing machine that has minimal electronics and has been good for about 13 years now. Touch wood. Not the most efficient one out there admittedly but seems to work well enough so far.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Given I’m stuck riding endless tarmac laps in Melbourne’s lock down, this one in particular gets me - the dude who is too good to run on the perfectly good walking or running track, and has to run in the bike lane on the road. Might be a coincidence but they seem to like wearing visors and corporate triathlon tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a stretch here in the waterfront promenade that is closed off for construction. There is very clear signage about the area being closed to pedestrians and that they should cross the road to the perfectly good footpath...but fuck me if those dumb cunts ignore it and wander their fat arses along the stretch of road in any direction they choose and cause all manner of problems for me riding along. I'm not above issuing a bit of safety advice from time to time...

LTIH - Dissapointing banh mi.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Humans just should fuck off.
Had a bit of those feels today.

Out for a lockdown ride, a zillion other people with the same idea. Fair enough, we're all in this together etc. etc. but the amount of people with zero self-awareness (and didn't have overstimulated dogs or kamikaze children as an excuse) was surprising. One memorable occasion I had to swerve off a gravel path because four fat middle aged flogs needed to ride up it tandem taking up all the path in the process.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Had a bit of those feels today.

Out for a lockdown ride, a zillion other people with the same idea. Fair enough, we're all in this together etc. etc. but the amount of people with zero self-awareness (and didn't have overstimulated dogs or kamikaze children as an excuse) was surprising. One memorable occasion I had to swerve off a gravel path because four fat middle aged flogs needed to ride up it tandem taking up all the path in the process.
Those mother fuckers...I recommend the headlong charge accompanied by a loud scream of something like "charrrrrrrrrrrrge!"or perhaps "traaaaaaaaacl", shit maybe even "stravaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"!!!! I would like to know how they respond.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
supermarkets that stick a checkout closed sign on the only checkout that was open when i go to pay for a trolley full of stuff. felt like a dick going through the 12 items aisle but its too painful to try and process a full trolley in the self checkout

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Did some groceries in the new metro Woolworths here today. As I went to pay O was congratulated for spending over $30 and awarded a free coffee from their coffee bar...I didn't want it, but the receipt was automatically printed off without giving me the option to say no thank you. This receipt was about 60cm long!!! Anyway I entered into an exchange with the barista, who was also the closest near by staff member which gave rise to a suspicion that Woolworths had decided everyone was a barista. This was one of the worst coffees I have drank in a long time! Absolutely undeniable garbage. Now now...I was expecting it to be bad, really bad even, but this was beyond that! I don't blame the barista, they clearly received more training about operating the checkout and were very polite and interactive...something that would have given most annoying old people the best coffee experience of their lives. This is a bullshit marketing ploy that is going to create a whole bunch on unnecessary waste. Coffee cups, lids, packaging, transport, the fucking receipt, and so on and so on...even if it was good coffee. I'd still be interested in it in principle.

Also there is a really good local cafe opposite the damn store and the family that own it are top people. I had 2 really good coffees there.