Little Things You Hate

bear the bear

Is a real bear
When I first looked into 12 speed, I needed a 8120 derailleur for the 45t. I got an 9120 to get me out of trouble. As it turned out 8100 is fine on 45 anyway. I’m wondering why we never got them?
I haven’t read your link yet but will check it out
Even though Shimano listed them, I am not sure if they were ever sold here in Australia @The Duckmeister might know.
The 8120-GS was designed for 2x12 and given most frames in the past 2 years no lower have routing for a front derailleur may be why it fizzled...
The 9120-GS was produced for the elite-level riders who can run 1x12 with a 45t rear and seems to be selling popular

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Did you guys see the new Ragley BushPig? It has a 3x9 Microshift groupset, Shimano Altus brakes (with Deore levers), 680x50mm Answer Protapers, and Hunt wheels running 2.8 Rekon out back and a 2.3 Ardent Race up front. It's sick. Sold out already, but word on the FB groups is there's going to be a new limited drop of hot pink ones coming out soon.

moorey

call me Mia
Did you guys see the new Ragley BushPig? It has a 3x9 Microshift groupset, Shimano Altus brakes (with Deore levers), 680x50mm Answer Protapers, and Hunt wheels running 2.8 Rekon out back and a 2.3 Ardent Race up front. It's sick. Sold out already, but word on the FB groups is there's going to be a new limited drop of hot pink ones coming out soon.
Is it intentionally aimed at the retro hipster market? :oops:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Looking for bikes for my son has been a frustrating experience, I appreciate that I'm not shopping at a level that includes quality suspension and light wheels but I'm being thwarted by geography, availability, and 3x drivetrains!

The best one I can find is the Norco Storm 2 with a 10sp 1x drivetrain and a coil fork - the Storm 1 is even nicer with Deore 11sp and a dropper post for $200 more but we're looking at $1,150 and that might be a bit much..
BushPig is a great name for a mullet bike actually haha

In other news, fuck off :D

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Looking for bikes for my son has been a frustrating experience, I appreciate that I'm not shopping at a level that includes quality suspension and light wheels but I'm being thwarted by geography, availability, and 3x drivetrains!
Ah sorry, misinterpreted your comment above as you wanting 2x or 3x and being annoyed by only having 1x available. But you meant you don't want to have to fork out for the top model to get 1x. That makes sense.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
FFS, just got a price on the Scott Roxster 24 and the chunts have put the price up over $100!

Norco are the best value brand in Australia right now in my opinion.

moorey

call me Mia

The best one I can find is the Norco Storm 2 with a 10sp 1x drivetrain and a coil fork - the Storm 1 is even nicer with Deore 11sp and a dropper post for $200 more but we're looking at $1,150 and that might be a bit much..

BushPig is a great name for a mullet bike actually haha

In other news, fuck off :D
Just pony the fuck up. I know you can afford it. Wife will get over it. Small investment now will mitigate expensive immediate upgrades.
Spoiler...it won’t, but it’s things we tell our wives.
Also push the need for safely on a better spec’d bike.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
FFS, just got a price on the Scott Roxster 24 and the chunts have put the price up over $100!

Norco are the best value brand in Australia right now in my opinion.
By a country mile.....keep saving your pocket money Hambo. Have you tried mowing the neighbourhood lawns so you can up-spec a bit?

Been so long, I'm a rookie again.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
the Storm 1 is even nicer with Deore 11sp and a dropper post for $200 more but we're looking at $1,150 and that might be a bit much..
Sign up for the 99 Bikes Gold thingy for $35 and save approx.$200, I paid about $950 for Jr's Storm 1.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I don't see the point of that bike, it's more expensive than the Storm 1 and doesn't come with a dropper!
Better fork and brakes over the Storm 1 and Jr won't be needing a dropper for a year or so as the seat is dropped as far as it goes, it has routing for a dropper post so when that time come I'll raid the garage and rustle something up.

Also when it says Sneak Peak it means they're not in stock yet, I got told October/November for arrival.

Anyways, wrong thread for this.