Little Things You Hate

slowmick

38-39"
Similar situation at lysty. Great little fun gravity trail that was previously unsanctioned. Was made legal to much rejoicing, then it was decided that it was too dangerous for walkers and runners if it had jumps and features so they were all removed some people find some fun it it still, but I find the climb isn't worth the heartache when descending

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
It was glorious. so many grins.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Apparently "no walkers" signs legally mean fuck-all. Had a similar discussion in our trail crew chat; at least in Vic. only walkers get dedicated-use trails, everything else is mixed-use, and even Parks-applied "no walk" signs on MTB trails mean diddly-fucking-squat. :mad:
...but the common sense of it! The restricted use is about keeping people safe and they just say fuck off Karen I'm walking here and sunbathing on your blind lander because I want to...pushing prams up down runs and all that shit. People are stupid.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It's disheartening watching trails that most have ridden for years turned into footpath style trails. :(
Some chunt here in rAdelaide is walking around different trail networks with a sledge hammer flattening all things rock, clearing a flat path through techy hand built trails.
Pounding the rocks to bits on iconic rock features, I haven't seen it but apparently levelled a flat path through a long rock section on Sticks n Stones at Craigburn.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Apparently "no walkers" signs legally mean fuck-all. Had a similar discussion in our trail crew chat; at least in Vic. only walkers get dedicated-use trails, everything else is mixed-use, and even Parks-applied "no walk" signs on MTB trails mean diddly-fucking-squat. :mad:
If that is the case then PV is 100% liable when injuries occur, from people disobeying the sign.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Some chunt here in rAdelaide is walking around different trail networks with a sledge hammer flattening all things rock, clearing a flat path through techy hand built trails.
Pounding the rocks to bits on iconic rock features, I haven't seen it but apparently levelled a flat path through a long rock section on Sticks n Stones at Craigburn.
Apparently the same on the rock drop in Sheps on the Grey Box flow trail. :mad:

Flow-Rider

Burner
If that is the case then PV is 100% liable when injuries occur, from people disobeying the sign.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
I've asked the question a few times to local council and parks in Qld, no real laws to prosecute someone walking on MTB trails on public land, signs are only a recommendation. I was told they can only be fined for damaging vegetation (if they are doing so) or possibly not following a directive but I'm not a legal person. Most likely another one of those grey areas.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Send the **** to Eagle, he'll be there til the end of time and achieve fuck all. The rock fairies never sleep there....

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Nuke your place with rat baits ASAP, up into the attic and throw blocks of the shit everywhere, cant have the chunt chewing through your pipes.

I do my place every couple of years, delivered 18 blocks of poison around the attic after hearing a scratching noise on the ceiling 2 nights in a row.

Noise disappeared that day.

Yep - much rat poison was spread. Made my son place it under the house as I offered to switch washing the dishes that day with him. Sucker!

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...but the common sense of it! The restricted use is about keeping people safe and they just say fuck off Karen I'm walking here and sunbathing on your blind lander because I want to...pushing prams up down runs and all that shit. People are stupid.
Doesn’t just happen on mtb trails.. It’s not uncommon to have walkers stroll through the middle of my son’s cricket/soccer matches on the local ovals. Especially if they are playing a game at a different time than normal.. They couldn’t give a fuck and “it’s their right as a ratepayer” to walk wherever they please.. Even though they could get hit in the head with a cricket ball.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Doesn’t just happen on mtb trails.. It’s not uncommon to have walkers stroll through the middle of my son’s cricket/soccer matches on the local ovals. Especially if they are playing a game at a different time than normal.. They couldn’t give a fuck and “it’s their right as a ratepayer” to walk wherever they please.. Even though they could get hit in the head with a cricket ball.
*should

Been so long, I'm a virgin again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've asked the question a few times to local council and parks in Qld, no real laws to prosecute someone walking on MTB trails on public land, signs are only a recommendation. I was told they can only be fined for damaging vegetation (if they are doing so) or possibly not following a directive but I'm not a legal person. Most likely another one of those grey areas.
I think that if anything it will be a civil matter rather than a criminal one. Imagine some old man is hobbling up a trail marked for walkers only and a bike rider flying down the hill collides with him, leaving the old man paralyzed from the waist down. In that instance there is potential for damages to be pursued.

Now if the old man was to be on a trail marked for bikes only and a bike rider flying down the hill collides with him, causing injury and damages to the bike rider...surely there would be scope for the pursuit of damages against the old man?

After all, in both cases what would a reasonable person do to mitigate the risk?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I think that if anything it will be a civil matter rather than a criminal one. Imagine some old man is hobbling up a trail marked for walkers only and a bike rider flying down the hill collides with him, leaving the old man paralyzed from the waist down. In that instance there is potential for damages to be pursued.

Now if the old man was to be on a trail marked for bikes only and a bike rider flying down the hill collides with him, causing injury and damages to the bike rider...surely there would be scope for the pursuit of damages against the old man?

After all, in both cases what would a reasonable person do to mitigate the risk?
That's the thing, I don't think it's legal to mark a trail as walking or MTB only on shared public land, they really can't even tell horse riders not to enter an MTB trail. Then you have people that are illiterate or can't read English or maybe even deaf and can't hear you coming down a trail. It's a can or worms.

I'd hate to be that rider that collides with anyone on a trail and harms them. You're meant ride to the conditions as in you can stop for an emergency condition.

I'll tell you a true story, one of my bosses years ago was cruising down a one street in the Brisbane CBD, in the right direction, not speeding and a council worker decided to take a shortcut up the one street in the wrong direction on a tractor, they collided head on. When it went to court my boss was seen partly at fault for just being on the road in the first place and that reduced the claim amount.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The doctor needing two attempts at getting the 8cm long needle positioned correctly to inject the contrasting dye into my hip...
It's just one win after another for you! Do you carry a 4 leaf clover or rabbit's foot with you at all times?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Imperial fasteners... Sons who steal tools...

So the off road adventures of the zero turn were not without effect. The deck is supported by a U shaped rod that is pinned into two fairly sizable steel blocks under the footplate. One of these was popped out of position. The design is such that under normal circumstances they are held in by various bits of frame and footplate but obviously the forces of being pulled sideways and the deck heading for China in the mud allowed the U rod to be pulled out of place. The rod is about 12mm diameter so it has some strength to it.

I tried swearing. A lot of swearing but it was still out of place. The only easy option was to remove the captive block, replace it on the U rod and then put it all back in position and put the bolts back in. One bolt is 3/8 UNC with a deformed nut on because Nylock nuts are too passé. And the other end is a tapped with an Allen head capscrew. 3/16" Allen key. I have one set of imperial Allen keys and precious few dedicated spanners since mostly they are close enough. The 3/16" Allen key was of course missing. It also fits the winch rope stirrup on #1's winch. On his 4wd. Which isn't here so I cannot check if the Allen key has been deposited in the box of gloves or consoling centre. Fark. More angry words.

With some brute force over ignorance I reckon the rod can be moved down and across and sprung onto the block and from there persuaded to go into position.

On attempt 47 with new and improved phrasing of the special words it almost made it. The lever bar flew off and sped through the opening at the front of the mower and into my head, from there it glanced off my forearm. The change in direction removed skin from both places.

As any sane person would do I belted the living fuck out of the front of the mower.

Attempt 5,412.1 managed to get the rod onto the block and about 5mm in front of the captive hole... Progress. A pause to wipe the blood out of my eye and another look. No way of getting to the rod with a mallet and nothing to lever off. I did however have just the right tool for the job. 700mm of 400 series martensitic stainless steel about 50mm in diameter. Smacking that axially onto the rod nothing happened. Smack two and same result. Smack 4 and the rod moved. 3 more smacks each of a satisfying intensity and the rod went into the recess with an almighty BANG. No more swearing required.

Seems ok but of course now it is too fucking dark to mow...