Little Things You Hate

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Rats.... Burst water pipe the other night. Got it fixed, 5 mins later.... Another pipe goes. Rats are chewing through the bloody pipes. Whist I'm hopeful it's only two spots the pessimist in me says this might be a long process. I just want a shower.
You need a rat catcher in chief.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I was surprised to see a mates new house build full of plastic water pipes. Besides rat issues how long should it last?
Longer than copper, provided no one eats it. Copper corrodes over time, and doesn't like being flexed frequently. PEX flexes fine, doesn't corrode, and also doesn't transfer heat well so pipes less likely to freeze and less heat loss.

But yeah, rats

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My gran once had some electrical trouble in a very old house, and the electrician found the skeleton of a rat with its teeth around some exposed wire.

Use copper pipes and electrify them, problem solved ;)
The smell gets pretty intense for a few days though. A snake is a good rat problem solver. I have also heard that cats are an amazing hunter.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Longer than copper, provided no one eats it. Copper corrodes over time, and doesn't like being flexed frequently. PEX flexes fine, doesn't corrode, and also doesn't transfer heat well so pipes less likely to freeze and less heat loss.

But yeah, rats

The chemicals leaching out of PEX makes it a solid no for me for drinking water.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Looking at the scale where the paint has chipped off, that's been brewing for a while.
He only spotted it as he was sitting on the train with his nose pushed against it.

Canyon have no stock till June so if its a warranty job, it wont be quick.

I've told him he can probably continue to ride it and we'll monitor the crack.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
The chemicals leaching out of PEX makes it a solid no for me for drinking water.
If you saw the insides of your copper pipes, or even worse, your gal pipes, you'd be happy for any unproven health issues caused by PEX pipes. Hell, more than likely your water is going through PE pipe to get to your connection point, and possibly again between your Meter and your house

It's all a winner compared to where plumbing got its name - lead

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
He only spotted it as he was sitting on the train with his nose pushed against it.

Canyon have no stock till June so if its a warranty job, it wont be quick.

I've told him he can probably continue to ride it and we'll monitor the crack.
A few laps of gaff tape should hold it on.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Ordered a knock-off SRAM shifter clamp off ebay, paid $15 including post. Instead of just putting it in my secure mailbox, I have to go and collect it from the post office.....Really?